Custom Modified Easy “Sail Pack” System

kapnkd

kapnkd
My ever thinking practical engineer son closely observed the various “Sail Pack” systems at our club and utilized the best features with some of his own thoughts for our ‘73 E32-2 system.

817ADECC-70B8-4368-ADB1-269229EE2A86.jpeg

As I understand it (not tried yet), the lazy jacks will contain the main sail back into the cover completely but for but a simple zipping up…with no muss and no fuss!

He amazingly sewed it all himself …adding extra chaffing protections in key areas and even heavier thick “Corinthian” leather at each of the ends! (For those who may still remember Ricardo Monteban.)

…He took a little extra time to even create a cosmetic front patch with the Ericson Logo to distinguish our now almost 50 year old gal!
5B3BA63F-CFEB-4814-9CA0-75B27EB29BB0.jpeg

kapnkd

kapnkd
Love the look of that Corinthian leather and logo.
Is he for hire?
Not at the moment unfortunately. He’s up to his neck with his regular job, a soon expecting wife (first child), our Ericson, his S2 7.9, a 22’ center console, a Lighting class and being chairman of our club’s racing committee!

I’ve sadly been of minimal help as lately I’ve been totally consumed rebuilding the engine on my ‘67 Corvette that I’ve owned, like our boat, for 50 years now.

I WILL speak with him though. Perhaps he can later make some sort of patches that can be easily sewn on???