Cushions

Projects99

I have a full set of interior and cockpit cushions brand new never used nice solid blue marine fabric. These are for a 1975 Ericson 27 also a bow pulpit, boom, full battened mainsail and some small stuff. Would love to see this stuff go to someone who could use them. Located in NJ near Philadelphia.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Could you post some photos and measurements?

Many of these parts fit more than one model/length of boat. For example, the bow pulpit on the 27 was also used on the 32.

I’m particularly curious what the hole pattern looks like on the stanchions of your pulpit, and the length/width of the cushions.

Projects99

If you are interested I can also add photos of the pulpit and dimensions of the cushions. My email is joesulvn@comcast.net

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1833.jpeg
    IMG_1833.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 15

GCWhit2

I have a 1977 Ericson 27, which I have owned for 23 years, which still has the original cushions. I could certainly use some fresh cushions. Do you think they would be the right size for my boat? What do you want for them?

Projects99

I paid a lot for these but they are going to waste in my attic I would like to get $300 which is about the material cost. They should be a perfect fit for a 1977 27. if you want send me a email to joesulvn@comcast.net and I can send you the exact dimensions. I am in NJ near Philadelphia.

GCWhit2

Can you tell me the backstory about them? How did you get them? Why are selling them? Why are they no longer on a boat? Do they have anything wrong with them, such as flaws, or smells? Thank you.

Projects99

I had gotten the 27 from my dad but couldn’t manage to complete making it seaworthy family work kids in college so I sold it for a pittance.

Prior to that I had taken detailed measurements and made patterns of all of the cushions and had these made at a professional upholsters shop. I paid more for the cushions than I sold the boat for.

The cushions are marine fabric a little heavier than standard Sunbrella with nylon zippers. One of the photos shows the fabric. I did not sell with the boat and left them stored in my attic which is a cool dry well ventilated space where they have been sitting wrapped up until a couple of months ago.

We were cleaning up and my wife advised me to find a use or get rid of them. I had considered having them redone to fit my 22’ Catboat but they would be a lot of work and those cushions are in good shape.

I had the bearth cushions made to fit and added back cushions to replace the fixed padded backs original to the boat. I also had cockpit cushions made as well as the V berth cushions.

I also have sails, boom, bow pulpit, stansions that the guy who took the boat didn’t take. If you are serious I can reproduce a dimensioned drawing and send it to you. If you are not in reasonable driving or delivery distance we could remove and fold the covers and send just them and you could use old foam or buy some locally.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I‘m curious about the hole pattern in the bow pulpit stanchion bases. Could you post some photos of that? It’s the same part as on the 32.

My pulpit got mangled by an errant ice truck while in dry dock. I have a replacement from a 27, but its mounting holes are equally spaced around the stanchion bases. The holes in my original pulpit, deck, and stainless backing plate are spaced differently, and I’d drive to Philadelphia and back to avoid redoing them!

Projects99

I will measure it and post that info tomorrow when I get home. It is currently in my garage with a fully battened main sail rolled around it. If you are serious can unroll and send picture as well.

Stubbygee

Yes please, just a rough measurement will do. A photo of the end hardware at the attachment point to the mast would also be help.

Projects99

The boom is 125” long and I have attached photos. It is in very good condition some hardware is removed but no dings or damage. also have photos of the bow pulpit I didn’t realize the deck plates are not attached to the pulpit. Otherwise it is in perfect condition.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2208.jpeg
    IMG_2208.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg