Complete 5424 Universal Diesel repower for $1400

rgraham

Member II
Hello
I have a 1982 36(RH) that I'm repowering with a yanmar (1994 3GM30F) engine. I hope to go cruising someday and want an engine with a more availible parts supply. So my current 5424 (24hp) with hurth trans and control panel is for sale. I do not know how many hours are on it. It had a new exhaust elbow and the heat exchanger was cleaned when I bought the boat. I also had the alternator rebuilt and it has a spare alternator which I had rebuilt as well. The control panel will also go with it.

I've had it since 2001 and haven't had any problems. So if you want to repower your gas with a diesel here is an inexpensive option. I'll take $1400 for it. Buyer will either have to pick it up in (Athens, Alabama) or pay shipping.

If you live near by and want to go out on the boat and see how she runs let me know. I won't be able to get the repower done for a little while because of all my other obligations.

(This is pure speculation on my part...) I don't think this engine has had a lot of use because the 55 gal fuel tank was replaced with an 18 gal one (which I can only assume was used for racing back in the 80's). Plus this boat has been more of a marina queen since the mid ninties than anything else. I certainly haven't put more than a hundered hours on it since I've owned it. But that said your guess is as good as mine. But what the hey if you want to go from gas to diesel this is a cheap option.

email me at rgraham@highstream.net if you are interested.

Last edited: