Combi- paddle wheel

rogerfern

Member II
Our Ericson 30+ came equipped with a Combi Offshore Sounder, speed wheel is missing,
any idea were I can purchase parts for this unit? also looking for manual for future reference
Thank You

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Combi instrument

Our Ericson 30+ came equipped with a Combi Offshore Sounder, speed wheel is missing,
any idea were I can purchase parts for this unit? also looking for manual for future reference
Thank You

About 20 years ago or more I saw a reference to a California company selling some left-over parts for those, but a lot of time has passed.
They were "the bees knees" when invented in the 70's. A friend of mine had that oblong instrument head on the bulkhead of his '83 Ericson when he bought it, and I recall that he gave up looking for parts in the mid 90's and had the yard glass in the opening and then he went with current-technology new digital instruments.

Kind of a shame, really. That was a very cool looking combination display. Worse, it leaves an awkward hole to fill in the bulkhead.

Loren

ps: a search on the 'net seems to show that Simrad now owns that product name. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Emerald

Are any of these pieces of use to you? If so, send me a PM with your address, and I will send them to you for free! The catch is you have to take it all. I need more space in my boat closet. :egrin:

Attachments

• combi.jpg
    combi.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 153

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I gave my whole combi setup to Mark Herrcat, but I don;t think he could ever find a working paddlewheel.

Nowadays all this stuff is pretty much replaceable with a $500 GPS/fishfinder/chartplotter.

Thelonious original panel.jpg

combi.jpg

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

The old stuff may have a bit more charm.

Christian and others, I have chosen to keep my simple instruments as original as possible. Granted I have a more modern Garmin GPS in the cockpit but even that is an old Mode 225. My point is that my three bulkhead instruments are era correct and matching DataMarine, knot meter, depth and wind speed and direction. I even have a DataMarine analog clock below. I have Loren to thank for the wind instrument, remember that one Loren? Glyn

Attachments

• Hull #55, DMI analog clock.jpg
    Hull #55, DMI analog clock.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Hull #55, DMI inststruments.jpg
    Hull #55, DMI inststruments.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Hull #55, Garmin D 225 & AH4000+ in port coaming.jpg
    Hull #55, Garmin D 225 & AH4000+ in port coaming.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 44

rogerfern

Member II
Depth souner

Are any of these pieces of use to you? If so, send me a PM with your address, and I will send them to you for free! The catch is you have to take it all. I need more space in my boat closet. :egrin:

Appreciate it

Roger Fernandez

3113-5 Lakemont Dr
San Ramon, Ca 94582