Cockpit Deck Hatch

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
In a thread a week or so ago there was mention of the Bomar Deck Hatch that I will install in my I31 sometime next Spring.
Glyn has forwarded a few images of his Deck Hatch showing "as installed" and the latching mechanism.
Glyns' Hatch differs somewhat from mine in that mine is sold as strictly a Deck Hatch where his could be installed as a deck or bulkhead opening. Note in the middle photo there is an inside handle for opening the Hatch from the other side.
The purpose of such a hatch is evident in the third photo, ready access to thruhull valves should the need arise. In the I31 access to those valves would mean crawling in over the diesel beneath the cockpit floor. Not a route I would look forward to if those valves required immediate attention!
Glyn has renewed all that cockpit drain hardware with new Seacocks, have to imagine that project was then practical considering the improved access.

Attachments

• Hull #55, Bomar hatch closed.web.JPG
    Hull #55, Bomar hatch closed.web.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Hull #55, Bomar hatch cover, under.web.JPG
    Hull #55, Bomar hatch cover, under.web.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Hull #55, Bomar hatch cover open.web.JPG
    Hull #55, Bomar hatch cover open.web.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 100

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
Another Deck Hatch Option

Over Christmas I was contacted off the Cape Dory Board based on my Home Address/ proximity to a Hatch manufacturer I had never heard of.
http://www.anchorhatches.com/index_home.htm
I contacted an area Boat Builder for a reference and was told these are the hatches they offer as standard on their Power Cruisers and as options on their commercial vessels. Stated P & E stand by their Product! Also indicated they also offer "Custom" including "Power Coating" etc.
Hamilton Marine in Maine are one of their Dealers. Worth a look.