Cockpit Controls

Michael Lewis

Hi all,

Nunki's (E26) single lever port side cockpit control has given up the ghost. The button to engage/disengage the transmission has stopped working. My guess is that something inside the unit has broken.

My questions are:
- is it fixable, can the unit be opened to see if the mechanism can be repaired
- does anyone have one for sale
- any recommendations on a replacement
I think it is an original part, I am led to believe it was sourced by Ericson, it is not Westebeke part. I have the original 10-2 engine.

Glad this happened at the dock!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Michael,
I have the same boat and engine.... but my controls are still working..... so I have never had it out to see if it is a serviceable design.
I have however installed a few back in the days when I build power boats, and they are all pretty simple to install. In a perfect world where money was not a deciding factor, I would not waste the time fiddling with the old one which has definitely lived a long and fruitful life, and I would let it die in peace.
It may be something as simple as a slipped cable that could easily be fixed though, so I'd say you cant hurt what is already broken, if $300 sounds steep than Id fiddle with it a bit.
Not much help really but it's my $0.02

below is a link to a similar style dual function, single stick, side mount, lever that looks nice.

http://www.go2marine.com/item/99997/stainless-steel-single-lever-remote-control-sisco-sisco.html