City of construction of my 1987 Ericson 34

Alain97150

Hi ! Could somebody tells me in which US city my 1987 Ericson 34' was built ? There has been so many changes of ownership through Ericson history that I'm lost. I'm changing registration to Canadian flag & the Canadian form asks for that information :) Thanks
PS: The last Ericson 34 were built by Pacific Seacraft in Washington, North Carolina, but I read that the change of building location started in 1990 only.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Irvine, California.
Rumor was that in the 80's some hulls were molded out elsewhere, but the main production and finishing facility was in Irvine.
PSC started producing select models in 1991, continuing until '98.
The HIN will say Ericson Yachts on all the 1990 Ericson and Olson boats that I know of.

I can see where you have some research to do if doing a CN documentation from scratch on a boat titled in a state in the USA, but If you buy a US-documented vessel this should be easier.
Or, so I would have guessed.
:0

Loren

Alain97150

Building location of 1987 Ericson 34

Loren Beach;103470[COLOR=#000080 said:
][/COLOR]Irvine, California. Rumor was that in the 80's some hulls were molded out elsewhere, but the main production and finishing facility was in Irvine. PSC started producing select models in 1991, continuing until '98. The HIN will say Ericson Yachts on all the 1990 Ericson and Olson boats that I know of. I can see where you have some research to do if doing a CN documentation from scratch on a boat titled in a state in the USA, but If you buy a US-documented vessel this should be easier. Or, so I would have guessed. :0Loren

Thanks... It was the only info I wasn't sure about. I got the "Evidence of Deletion from United States Documentation" from the US Coast Guards that Transport Canada asked for in order to register my Ericson 34 under Canadian flag :)