CEOA party will occur!

Emerald

Hi all,

After great debate, I have had enough feedback to happily announce that the CEOA rebirth party for this Saturday June 25, 2005, at the Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport/Annapolis at 4:30 PM is still on!

Just for easy reference, here are links useful for the event:

http://www.eastportarockin.com/location.html

Here's a link to the Boatyard's website:

http://www.boatyardbarandgrill.com/

For directions, check out the link above for Eastport a Rockin' They have a Mapquest link that should get you there.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

lbertran

Member III
Ceoa Party Report

Hi, Sean-
Gail and I (Footloose, 1985 E35-3) showed up at the appointed time at the Boat Yard Bar and Grill and found Mark and Kathy Kramer (Evening Tide, E27) and Art Shriver (Rhodes 22) already there. The five of us had a nice chat and cold beverages and hoped this might be the beginning of a CEOA dedicated to using and enjoying our boats.
Art Shriver got contact info from all of us and will deliver it to David, the party organizer, who was unable to attend. Art also said he might work on organizing a raft up for August.
Cheers,
Laura

Emerald

Hi Sean,

I did get the names and emails from Art as Laura indicated. Despite my health limitations, I am still working on getting this organization going again. I am hoping that folks will be somewhat free spirited and start posting self-starter events if you will. I seem to trip over an Ericson every time I turn around on the Chesapeake, so hoping some others will step up here and lend a hand in making things happen.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

therapidone

Member III
Any more folks express an interest?

Greetings,

I've been dormant for a long time...just wondered if any more folks expressed any interest in CEOA? Is this the David who had a smaller Ericson, younger daughters, and a back injury?

Regards,

Ed

Emerald

Hi,

It is indeed the same David.

I've got about 5 folks who have expressed an interest in being part of the new CEOA. Mind you, being a part requires nothing other than getting together for sailing related stuff and having fun. No money, no dues, minimal committment. There have been two events so far. A kick off in Eastport at the Boatyard, and then a small 4th of July gathering.

I am hoping there will be a couple more events this year before it is all over. I am planning at a minmum to host another gathering of Ericson fans around the Annapolis Sailboat show in October. I did this last year, and we had a good turn out with about 18 folks.

I would strongly encourage anyone interested in hosting a CEOA event to do so. It's easy, post some emails, get some folks together, and enjoy our boats etc. We've got a lot of folks I see on this site and other Internet Ericson lists who are in the Chesapeake area. Seems it shouldn't be too hard to get this group going again.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

and E-27, Avanti, for sale, anyone contact me if interested

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Please keep me in the loop for anything that is happening. If you have been following my story, you will know I can not bring a boat, but will road trip from Norfolk for any events.
Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972