Cats on board

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Slowly working up the nerve to bring my Bengal, Lola, out with us. She's a wild one, and needs lots of room to run and climb. I can see her sprinting the length of the deck and not being able to apply the brakes on gelcoat. She has enough trouble negotiating tight corners on my hardwood floors at full speed without occasionally spinning out and sliding into the wall!

Maybe I should cover the deck with astroturf, or turn the boat into a giant chia pet.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Our beloved sailing Kitty Sonny passed this morning he is already sorely missed.

Our condolences. :0305_frow

We lost the last of our cats a decades ago and still miss their company.
Someday when we are around home more we will certainly get another... probably only one next time around... two of 'em kept us rather busy.
:rolleyes:

Loren

Mike H

Member I
Cat on board

We also have a Maine Coon, Sophie, and she copes well on the boat. We use a harness with real buckles because she can open snaps. We keep her tethered unless the hatch is closed. She's been to the San Juans and Desolation Sound, both 2 week trips. She's not big on heeling too far or frequent tacks but likes everything else. Very friendly "doggy" cat who greets all visitors.