Catalina Voyage/Scenery. Video

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Nice, Bepi. Fun to see the similarities and differences between East Coast marine world and West. What are you using for a camera?

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
A Samsung galaxy s22 phone. It has 4 lenses and does a great job. Easy to change magnification and the zoom lens is pretty amazing.
I lived on Long Island for about 5 years (Brightwaters) but spend my time in the city or searching for surf spots along the 120 mile coast. I did no sailing and it was a missed opportunity. The Long Island Sound, the Great South Bay, sneaking over to Nantucket for a surf at Cisco beach, bay after bay, cove after cove, and that doesn't include the rest of the Eastern Seaboard; the Chesapeake and the Intercoastal Hwy, or the Indies. I certainly missed out. Hopefully to be corrected. The surfing was good though. The island stretches due east which means every hurricane in Florida sent amazing waves. I got more tube time at Babylon's Gilgo Beach than I ever got in California. I am blessed to have Catalina a 4-5 hour sail away. I am hoping to sail to some cities this summer, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Oceanside to the south then north to San Buena Ventura, Santa Barbara, and finally the Channel Islands. If I can survive all of these I feel like I'd be ready to go offshore for a while.