CapnTommy

CapnTommy

I am a surveyor and just did a quick walkthru on a 35II reported to be a 1982 (No # sighted due to obstruction, registration to be produced at a later date. . . ) The owner requested an inspection of the keel bolts but the cabin sole has no access. The vessel is afloat and I havent seen it on the hard. The big Q is does this boat have external ballast? Owner reports no sign of a joint when last hauled But I do suspect it is external like my 1982 38'. ANy info helpfull. Thanks

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am a surveyor and just did a quick walkthru on a 35II reported to be a 1982 (No # sighted due to obstruction, registration to be produced at a later date. . . ) The owner requested an inspection of the keel bolts but the cabin sole has no access. The vessel is afloat and I havent seen it on the hard. The big Q is does this boat have external ballast? Owner reports no sign of a joint when last hauled But I do suspect it is external like my 1982 38'. ANy info helpfull. Thanks

The E-35-2 hull uses drop-in precast ballastl. i.e. Internal ballast.
Since the hull and keel are one molding, I would doubt that any of those would have bolted-on eternal ballast. Of course I've been wrong before...
:)
Loren

CapnTommy

Wow fast response

Thank you guys. the pre cast makes sense as I doubt Bruce would draw a boat with no access to the bolts. I will get better at this forum stuff noteing that my title should have indicated something about the ????.
Sail hard-life is short
Capn'T