Campbell Sailor Prop

Bryan Smith

I have an Ericson 32-200 with a Universal 23hp and I'm planning to change from a two blade fixed to a three blade Campbell Sailor. At first look I was going to use the Maxprop but after a $2000 discussion with the wife I think the $400 Cambell may be a better option. My reasons for changing are vibration and poor thrust in heavy seas and currents. I realize the Cambell will have more drag than the Max but I'm a cruiser not a racer. If anyone is familiar with the Cambell I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks, Bryan

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another Choice to consider...

Are you aware that there are several worthy competitors for the "Max Prop" brand of feathering prop? And, at less lofty pricing? I have a two blade featherer from Martec purchased direct from them for less that $1k. I have the same engine as your boat. The pitch on mine is externally adjustable, as well.
I do not race, but really value the reverse power of the feathering prop and the enhanced sailing ability in light air. A fixed prop, no matter how well engineered and promoted, will not cure prop-walk and weak reverse power like a feathering prop...
Loren in Portland
:D