Cabin Sole cost

CSMcKillip

What you be the cost to replace the holly and teak sole? Just a general cost to replace, add in for your time, trying to justify estimate and timeframe

thanks for any info,

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
Woodworking for Watercraft
16741 N. Mount Tipton Drive
PO Box 1893
Dolan Springs, AZ 86441-1893
928-767-3249

http://www.woodworkingforwatercraft.com/

$2100 1/4.
$1800 1 mill

All sides sealed with 4 coats. Bottom can be a coating of epoxy; type 1 glue; 4 coats of finish - spar varethane. 10-12 weeks

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I did mine myself. The plywood with 1.1mm teak veneer cost approximately $500 shipped to my house. My labor is free(to me) but I would estimate about 50 hours to remove old, build luan template, cut and install new sole, install bungs and apply finish. See my website link below for more photos and a description.

http://www.boulterplywood.com/

z_dsc_0002.jpg

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

Thanks Tim, I have looked at your site before and have a cost of materials running about 1000.00 this includes plywood from boulter, epoxy to seal bottom and edges, poly to cover the top any teak to replace, hardware and screws, and 1800.00 for the labor. So I will be paying a master woody 36 an hour to do the job.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Thanks Tim, I have looked at your site before and have a cost of materials running about 1000.00 this includes plywood from boulter, epoxy to seal bottom and edges, poly to cover the top any teak to replace, hardware and screws, and 1800.00 for the labor. So I will be paying a master woody 36 an hour to do the job.

If you got a good finish carpenter for $36/hr that is a screaming deal. I'm a professional (that means I make a living doing it...doesn't necessarily mean I have skills....) finish carpenter and my biz partner and I currently bill out at $50/hr for interior trim work. For that money, if the job turns out nice, is totally worth it. RT

CSMcKillip

Master Woody rebuilds older wooden boats by taking them totally apart and building them back together, I have talked to several clients of his and they all say he does a great job. He also agreed to have it finished in 3 weeks when we put our boat back in the water after the bottom job.

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
I would love to see photos of your 36rh, I have some of the original sales brochures that were in our boat.

No yah don't :egrin:

I've spent 5 years getting it in complete "sailing" form.

This year, I'm finally concentrating on the interior / looks.