bugged, as in screens

spencer

Member II
my 85 - 38 has no manufactured bug screens on the portholes, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to build something that will be a practical fix. I have made screens with velcro at the edges attached to the metal with velcro glue, but that lasts for about a month then it comes loose. I don't know the manufacturer of the port holes or I would attempt to contact them. Just yesterday while at the fuel dock I ran into a guy who had a 1986 34 ( I guess) with the nicest premanufactered screens. He said they came with the boat but had no idea where I could get anything for my boat. His portholes were also different than mine. Has anyone crossed this bridge before and how? Last summer we were in noethern Lake Huron and were getting eaten alive. I need your help.

Mindscape

Member III
Port Screens

I've got an '85 E32 and was able to get port screens from Bomar. If you search I think you will find info on this. I got an email from them here is part of it "......Part number for the screen is P3000-00 and is $45.25 each.. You can order direct by calling 603-826-5791 or if you have a local distributor you can have them order it for you and it would be a little cheaper for you. Boat US/West Marine is a distributor. Company is Bomar"

Not sure if these are the same, one of the other guys may know if Ericson used the same ports for both models. Not cheap, but they worked out great.

I have installed Lemar ports on my E-27 and they came with bug screens. It is possible all of the smaller ports on Ericsons are standard. New ports look like OEM, but are not.
Morgan Stinemetz

WBurgner

Member III
Port Screens

My 1984 381 has screens that appear to be held in place by the rubber seals. Since both are in need of replacement I am interested in how others have done this since it is not obvious how the rubber seal I have from Bomar would stay in place if the screen is under the adhesive strip.

WBurgner

Member III
Port Screens

My 1984 381 has screens that appear to be held in place by the rubber seals. Since both are in need of replacement I am interested in how others have done this since it is not obvious how the rubber seal I have from Bomar would stay in place if the screen is under the adhesive strip.