bottom paint

fredhlord

I've used Shelter Island Boatyard for my last three haulouts. They seem pretty reasonable and I have been pleased with their work. Underwater Marine has changed props for me in the water. I too am on Harbor Island.

ozzie12

Member I
Shelter Island Boat Yard

Thanks for the info.
Last weekend I talked with Shelter Island Boat Yard and was pleased and impressed with them. While their prices are not cheap, I felt comfortable with them.
I will most likely go to Shelter Island for my haul out. I just need to complete a couple of things . . . like save up some MONEY!! :egrin:

ozzie12

Member I
transom lettering

iwantone,

My wife painted the lettering on our boat from a stencil we made. She created the design in powerpoint and I took an 8 1/2 by 11 hard copy to Kinkos and had them enlarge it to 24 by 24, 30 by 30 and 36 by 36. Then we held it up on the transom to find the one that fit best. Using an exacto knife, she cut out the lettering and the kangaroo and used that as a large stencil. we taped it to the transom and she used a small piece of sponge to blott the paint into the letters. We had to tape the stencil through the lettering in places to keep it in place. Then we removed the stencil and she cleaned up the edges freehand. All the while, balancing in a rubber life raft. (see attached photos)

Attachments

• Painting the Transom.JPG
    Painting the Transom.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Aussie one too.jpg
    Aussie one too.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 71