Boat gear auctions on eBay

u079721

Contributing Partner
We are beginning the process of selling off 18 years of boating gear on eBay. If interested we have things such as our Porta-Bote dinghy, anchor sail (as shown in the article I wrote), Fortress anchor, Honda four cycle 2 HP outboard, anchor rodes, searchlights, binoculars, anchoring kellet, inflatable belt pack, safety tether, and much more to come.

The auctions can be found by going to: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQampq3bs...dsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

or do a search by seller, and look for "astracat".

u079721

Contributing Partner
eBay that boating gear!

If anyone else finds themselves in our position of selling their Ericson and getting out of boating, please think twice about just letting all of the extra gear go with the boat - there can be some real value there.

We stripped our Ericson for a boat show, and then decided to sell off the resulting mountain of sailing and cruising gear on eBay. We are not completely done with our boating auction, but so far have over $8000 in sales. (Which, at least to me, is more than pocket money.)

Some of the items have gone for amazing amounts. Like the spare Autohelm ST4000 autopilot that I bought second hand from someone else in this group (for $120) and just sold for $560. Then there was the 15 year old Whale Gusher 10 pump that used to be hooked up to my overboard discharge. A new one is $55, but mine sold for $103 (I REALLY don't understand that one.) Most things went for between 50% and 80% of what I paid for them originally. Meaning that I am not making any money, but it does help ease the pain of not sailing to at least recover some what we spent over the years.