Bermuda

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
A ketch from our marina is there now - Have the best of luck!
Down the coast then cross and up?

Every time I see the modern ability to predict wind and weather I think about the old sailing ships which were at the total mercy of the seas.

jtsai

Member III
David, I followed your track on the predict winds and noticed the majority of the offshore leg winds were from beam or forward of the beam. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on making this trip in a boat that is 5,000 lbs. lighter, say an Ericson 32. Thanks.

David Grimm

E38-200
Bermuda was an adventure thats for sure. I personally didn't like the isolation feeling on the 2nd day out or any other day thereafter. That all got compounded when I got caught in a gale on the return trip and had to deploy the drogue at 2am 250 miles out. 55 knot winds and 13+ breaking seas. Epirb lit and close communications with the coast guard kept me alive. Should be back in home port today. Whew.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Sounds intense glad to hear you weathered it OK. Agree that it’d be great to hear more details about the experience when you‘ve had time to get settled and relax. Nice work getting through it!