Back to the Island!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for the info Don. Your right, I got a loose estimate yesterday for about $1200 as well. I do have a used frame that I may be able to modify and save some money on making a dodger. Not a priority right now. I am marking my calendar with the dates you have planed. Lets keep in touch and try to meet up. I also go a private e-mail this morning from a E-38 owner asking about a possible EYO gathering. I guess it couldn't hurt to try to organize one again. Never much interest here in the past though.:esad:

Cheers

bigtyme805

Member III
I would love to have a gathering. In San Francisco they have a good following but in the Central/Southern area we are not as united. I think because we are all spread out.

One problem I have is the distance is 11/12 hours to Catalina for me from Channel Islands so it has to be a long weekend. Of course work obligations limit me, so I need some time to arrange my schedule.

In Channel Islands there are a lot of Ericsons but a lot of them need substantial work and most of the people don't even know this site even exists. When I see these boats so beat up it makes me sick. Just a little TLC, that's it. It's funny a guy near me just bought a 2000 Catalina28 with big payments and went for a sail with me and was so pissed when he got off. I asked him why are you so upset and his reply was, "I should have looked into one of these boats, I had no idea that they where this nice and now I have big payments when I could have owned a boat like yours with no payments." They just need to kept up and maintained.

Count me in as a prospective sailor and this function.