Back After 16 Days

wurzner

Member III
It is with mixed emotions that I post that I am back following 16 days that took me as far north as Nanaimo. Happy that I had spectacular weather that only provided 1 (read one) partially raining day since this is the PNW! The tough part is realizing that my cruising season is coming to an end and it will be another 12 months before I hopefully get to pull this off again. One down side to the nice weather was the lack of wind. Out of 350 miles, I put about 55 hours on my new engine so not great sailing to say the least. I did enjoy the nice weather though since it was 75~85 every day!

I meet a few Vikings along the way including Celtic Breeze who I encountered in Nanaimo, Ganges Harbour, Poet's Cove, and Friday Harbor. Also, I ran into Intergrity, an Ericson 41 out of Anacortes, Gambler, 34T out of Bellingham I believe, and a 28 Friday Harbor.

I meet a whole bunch of great folks and enjoyed my trip and most importantly, I had some great quality time with my wife in one of the most beautiful cruising grounds around.

I'll post some photes with respect to some of the places I visited later.

Back on the list!
Shaun