Are We Having a Rendez Vous?

wurzner

Member III
I'm just wondering if we are planning an event this year or not. If not, how about putting together an ad hoc event. I'm not sure where thing stand since there hasn't been a whole lot of traffic and I'd still like to get together as the season rapidly approaches.

thanks
shaun

Mike.Gritten

Member III
I have kind of missed the final decision on this topic as well. AFAIK, we have settled on the weekend of July 4, 5, 6 in Victoria, BC, Canada. Is this correct?
I have no info as far as WHERE in Victoria we are arranging moorage? (or are we doing that at all?) I seem to remember someone saying we had to call and pay $20 or something to book the slip. Can we get info as to who to call?

We would like to attend this year after missing the last 2 but will need to firm up plans soon.

BTW, I don't mean to imply that "someone else" should be arranging these get togethers - it just seemed that there was a group of folks who seemed quite happy to take it on! Let me know if we can help in any way.

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
Let me know if I can help

I've been watching as well and wondered if the Rendezvous wasn't happening?
If there is anything I can do I'd be happy to volunteer.
John Gleadle

chasandjudy

chas and judy
I'm just wondering if we are planning an event this year or not. If not, how about putting together an ad hoc event. I'm not sure where thing stand since there hasn't been a whole lot of traffic and I'd still like to get together as the season rapidly approaches.

thanks
shaun

Northwest Ericson Owners
My offer of previous corrispondance still stands, I have not heard any disscussions on them. Concerning the forth of July Vectoria Harbour, use of CFSA facilities for a race and steak dinner .

cordially yours Charles Pash Eden e 30+ # 720 PHONE 1 250 888 4503 OR
1 250 478 3669 e-MAIL sv-eden@telus.net time is running out

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Let's move this forward...

Charles, if you can restate your offer as to moorage, etc. we can firm it all up. Let's target to get this done over the next week or so. If we need to book slips, let us know so we can do same.

I will work the local WM and other local chandlery shops and get us some swag.

Can we get a count from everyone to give us some idea of how many boats we're talking about here?

Papillon will be there one way or another! So that's one.....

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
We will be there.

Should have all my rebuilding done well before then. Let me know if you need graphics done for t-shirts.
John Gleadle
Shamwari

Mike.Gritten

Member III
John,

In the past, Stuart has done the shirt designs and had them printed up at Justin Stitches on Granville Island here in Vancouver. They have our logo set up for the embroidery machine. Now that Stuart has almost disappeared into his retirement bliss in Comox on the Island, I don't know if he has any plans for the shirts this year. If someone has a design (this is an invitation everybody!) that they would like to see on the shirts for the Rendezvous, let's get them together and pick one. Maybe Stuart will chime in here...

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Northwest Ericson Owners
My offer of previous corrispondance still stands, I have not heard any disscussions on them. Concerning the forth of July Vectoria Harbour, use of CFSA facilities for a race and steak dinner .

cordially yours Charles Pash Eden e 30+ # 720 PHONE 1 250 888 4503 OR
1 250 478 3669 e-MAIL sv-eden@telus.net time is running out

Ericson Rendezvous 2008 by Chas Pash of the SV Eden. The plan put forward was --
Use of the Canadian Forces Club house Saturday Night for a steak dinner of $7.75 each and prize giving . The non racers will stay at Victoria
inner Harbour (make your own reservations) Do not forget that if you come early the tall ships will be having a rendezvous ( a sight you should not miss)
The racing group will stay at the Canadian sailing association docks for a fee of $10.00 per boat. the fee will go towards The Disabled Sailing Association
fund (tax deductable) prices in the bar are reasonable as it is a military establishment. Steak dinner and prizes to follow Race starts at 10:00 a.m. skippers meeting at 09:15 ratings P H R F we will give ratings to boats
based on current PHRF criteria Sunday morning sail to inner harbour to visit with other boats for the day and over night there are a few other wrinkles to be worked out , such as getting people from inner Harbour to the club for steak dinner libations and sai:egrin:lor talk (gamming).
We can do it and any help forth coming wilol be appreciated (The three other boats (ericsons) have already volonteerd if this come to fruitation.
Some of the boats are going on to Sidney North Saanich Yaacht club Monday morning (Free recipricol moorage) and crusing towards Princess Louisa Inlet
for a couple of weeks anyone else can join us if you like
sv-eden@telus.net

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Charles,

do you have contact info for the marina(s) in the Inner Harbour. We will NOT be racing (we would not be competitive if we did and the Admiral has some sort of rule about not flogging her home about on a race course! Go figure :confused: ) and will need to organize moorage.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
:esad::esad:
Charles,

do you have contact info for the marina(s) in the Inner Harbour. We will NOT be racing (we would not be competitive if we did and the Admiral has some sort of rule about not flogging her home about on a race course! Go figure :confused: ) and will need to organize moorage.

chasandjudy

chas and judy

Hi Mike!Sorry you woun't be racing however the dinner invite as you know still stands. The Victoria Harbour Authority has a web site and a 1 800 phone #
I suggest the latter. we"ll get you to CFSA somehow..!!I P S know the E35 is a fast boat. May be after the rendezvous I can chase you up to Sidney if your going cruising after.

Chas sv-eden@telus.net

Spirit Moon

Member II
Sounds like things are starting to move forward. My plans to attend have now been changed. A good friend is getting married that weekend in Parksville (the nerve of some people). Having been an E38 owner from just over a year we were looking forward to attending. Next year I guess. In any event I'm located in Victoria and if there is anything I can do to help get things organized for this years event please let me know.

Frank Potter
SV Spirit Moon

Last edited:

Stuart

Member II
rendezvous

Hi All
I have been thinking about the rendezvous quite a bit for this year, wondering…….waiting to find out about our cousins daughter’s wedding and of course finalizing the dates and location of the race I now do each year. Well, unfortunately a conflict occurs on both counts. The sailing race in is Flensburg Germany the first week of June, as captain of the Canadian boat, it is my duty to represent our country. This trip will take me to Amsterdam May 23rd to rest prior to the race, them to Hamburg to meet the other competitors and my crew then off to Flensburg to Race for a week on the Baltic, arriving back in Canada June 10th. Unfortunately, I will not be able to arrange T shirts or anything but am more than willing to help whoever may be doing it this year in getting started.
The second bit of interference is the wedding, we will be hosting family and friends starting the July 1st weekend and getting ready for the wedding on the following weekend. This one really has bad timing making it pretty much impossible for us to partake in the Rendezvous festivities. Although we are always happy to help any way we can, it’s shaping up to be a pretty busy time.
As Mike mentioned, we are now living in Comox, on the ocean for the summers. We are very close to the town dock and we will have Fairhaven moored on a white mooring ball in front of the house this summer. If in the area please drop in and say hi, as we are missing visiting with everyone, the rendezvous and a taste of some fresh apple pie.
Cheers
Stuart & Heather MacKenzie
SV. Fairhaven
E-31 Independence
Comox BC

CaptDan

Member III
Hi All
If in the area please drop in and say hi, as we are missing visiting with everyone, the rendezvous and a taste of some fresh apple pie.
Cheers
Stuart & Heather MacKenzie
SV. Fairhaven
E-31 Independence
Comox BC

It was great meeting you almost two years ago (gee time flies) in Sidney, and was hoping to see you and your fine E31 again this year.

But, I too, may not be able to attend the gathering this year because of work commitments - though it might be possible to take the 'Vic Clipper' up for a day or two. Too early to say right now, but maybe I can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

In any event, I hope the Rendevous takes place, and a lot of Vikings manage to meet up for another great time together. No matter what, have a great race and bring back a victory pennant. :egrin:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

hodo

Member III
Gathering of Vikings

Mischief Maker may not make the gathering of Vikings this year, as the job arena may dictate otherwise. Half of our group was told they will be gone by May 30, and we are kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Also, Jessie and I are remodeling the house (read, rebuilding), we now have a subfloor, but little else. Where are my priorities? Anyway, it will be a last minute decision, but I hope we can make it.
Harold & Jessie, Mischief :devil: Maker