anyone know the bulkhead wood thickness on 73 E25?

Stuphoto

Member III
I am probably heading to the store to pick up some wood to replace my main bulkheads with tomorrow.
Does anyone happen to know the thickness off the top of their head?
It's just a little difficult getting to my boat today to measure it

Stuphoto

Member III
Thank you Gabriel,
It is one of the last jobs left before sailing season starts for me.
They won't be finished, but should be strong.

Stuphoto

Member III
I can't answer that yet.

A friend of mine is a retired yatch designer / builder, and he just told me what wood to buy.

He should be back from his trip soon, and wants to help me with the job.
I know it won't be a finished product yet, since we both want to get out sailing.

I will more or less be landlocked for July and August because of my summer job, and house sitting.
But should still have enough spare time to finish them off during that time.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
This is one of the first things I did on my boat. Looked easy but took longer than expected (especially the starboard bulkhead!

I like the way mine came out but if i could go back I would probably just put some nice white paint and go for that look instead of stain and varnish. I had to cut the bulkhead and some fiberglass to be able to replace the starboard bulkhead (If there was a way to remove it without cutting I'm too dumb to see it). Here are some pics before finishing:

56228723901__D4564EBB-8AB7-490C-A903-0C6D718E6B34.jpgIMG_1058.jpgIMG_1059.jpgIMG_1060.jpgIMG_1063.jpgIMG_1083.jpgIMG-6704.jpg

Last edited:

Stuphoto

Member III
Thank you Gabriel, it looks good.

I have been busy with all the other jobs first and won't start them until next week.

My starboard side has been braced with a sheet of aluminum, so I could safely leave that one for now.
However the port side is rotten. The only good thing about it is it still has enough wood to use as a pattern.

I think I can remove my starboard side without cutting, however I don't think it is worth the extra effort completely dismantling everything.

I am tempted to just paint it white, but haven't decided yet.
I do like the look of wood, but there is enough without them.

I am thinking, around a weeks worth of work and I am sailing.