Anyone have Secondary winches on ericson 34-2?

TimTimmeh

Member II
I have them on my E36RH. Barient 27ST. Anything I can add just let me know.

Mark
Sorry, I was being a bit vague. I want to add secondaries to my 34-2 and I am just wondering if anyone has them installed on a 34-2 or 35-3 and where they are positioned. there's really no room behind the primaries and a big lazarette that takes up half the coming top on the starboard side

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
There might be an opportunity to be a bit creative with this, although it would be good to know what the factory did. What I am thinking of is using an appropriately placed footblock so that the line is led aft to the footblock, then around and brought forward to the winch. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Something like one of these:

patrscoe

Member III
No but I have also been interested in adding secondary winches on my 34-2. The problem is that the main genoa winches are somewhat in the middle of the coaming and the width dramically decreases as you go aft so this will limit the size of the winches if you go aft.
Ideally, I would prefer the main genoa winches about 12" or so forward and a aft lead block going ot the winch and a secondary set of winches aft, near the helm but they would need to be much smaller to fit, even with a stainless steel winch bracket. This provide additional options, especially racing and would allow me to set the spinnaker or free flying drifter (my favorite sail duirng the summer on Cheaspeake Bay) with a good aft winch and option to douse it and roll out the furling.

TimTimmeh

Member II
No but I have also been interested in adding secondary winches on my 34-2. The problem is that the main genoa winches are somewhat in the middle of the coaming and the width dramically decreases as you go aft so this will limit the size of the winches if you go aft.
Ideally, I would prefer the main genoa winches about 12" or so forward and a aft lead block going ot the winch and a secondary set of winches aft, near the helm but they would need to be much smaller to fit, even with a stainless steel winch bracket. This provide additional options, especially racing and would allow me to set the spinnaker or free flying drifter (my favorite sail duirng the summer on Cheaspeake Bay) with a good aft winch and option to douse it and roll out the furling.
I found this boat on the interweb. It's a PS e34, it must have been an option on them after PS started building them, looks like they fit the biggest winch possible just ahead of the lazarette lid, lewmar 43s.
1632238518668.png