anybody out there?

SeaRogue

Member II
Thanks

Frank,

Thanks for your welcome. I also had not considered an Ericson until I came upon one during my search for a boat. I had only been aboard one Ericson in my life prior to that. A classmate of mine had an Ericson 35 in the St. Petersburg marina in 1978. I remember being impressed that he had sailed the boat there from Hawaii.

I chose the 32 because it seems exactly the right size for me. It is small enough to single hand and handle relatively easily while large enough to be a comfortable cruiser. I am also very impressed with the quality of the interior.

I know that I will have a lot of questions to ask here. I am pleased that this forum exists and that other Ericson owners are available to help with my novice questions.

Ray Rhode

Member III
Moonshine,

Sorry I missed you. Let me know when you plan to return to Alan's and I'll make sure I'm there to pass you your lines.

Too bad you were not here yesterday. We had our "sometimes" annual Fun Race. We would have had enough for an Ericson class. We had fourteen boats from the dock and it was great.

Ray

Desiderata

Member II
Ericson raftup

We know how some of you feel. We put together an "Ericson Raftup" this past June in Cortez(Bradenton) FL and we were the only Ericson there. We've restored a '78 E-27 quite thoroughly. As we worked on her, we were impressed with the quality and design of our Ericson. So much so, that we said that if we ever decided to upsize, we'd lean heavily toward the Ericson name. We'd like to get together with our Ericson brothers and perhaps eyeball a bigger boat. We're going to Egmont Key this weekend for a raftup we found out about thru our Sailmonster.com buddies. Its a great site for sailor social events. We'd love to put together another "Ericson Raftup" (DeSoto Point or somewhere in the Tampa bay area) Anybody interested?:egrin:
Mike & Cheri

SeaRogue

Member II
Raftup in West Florida

Hi Mike and Cheri,

I would love to raft up with fellow Ericson sailors in the Tampa bay area. This weekend is out for me since my boat, the 1985 E32-3 "Moonshine" is in the yard in Niceville as indicated in earlier posts.

Although I cannot make the raftup this weekend, please keep me in mind for later events.

I am on Sailmonster under the name CaptThunder.

Last edited:

WBurgner

Member III
Tampa Area Ericsons

Mike &Cheri,
After several years at the Twin Dolphin Marina in Bradenton my wife and I now keep our E38 in St Pete. Given a little advanced notice we would like to meet up with other Ericson owners in the area.

fredn56

Member II
Greetings from the First Coast

I say from the coast, although we have not yet taken the time to sail all the way from Julington Creek on the St John's River to the ocean.
Many pleasant overnight trips up and down the river around Jacksonville.

Fred Nelson
Ericson 23 #344
Ad Astra

edwardgato

as a two ericson owner in south florida I am wondering why I am the only southeastern member.These boats are great and as a guy who has owned many boats over the years i would rank the e boats tops in value for used vessels.There has to be a lot of e owners all around me right?

Hey, I'm out here also! Our E29 is sliped at Little Harbor, Ruskin Fl which is just 25 min from our home in Brandon, FL.

Ed S/V El Gato
:egrin:

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Ericsons above Fla.

Greetings from the Annabel Lee in Savannah, GA. There are three other E-boats here that I know of. All of them are E-30+ boats. The Admiral and I bought our 1988 boat in Charleston, SC where I know several more are berthed (not birthed--let's not go there). It was in Nov. of 2007 and after a cold and frightening trip south on the ICW depending on the PO's GPS and in amazing darkness at night we finally got the boat in front of the last drawbridge. As we were advised that we had a 30 minute wait we throttled back only to have the motor quit. Oh, Bad Word! If we missed the 5:30 opening we were stuck until 7:00 pm. After 28 minutes of tossing the anchor, banging on battery terminals, shaking wires, tightening screws, running, scampering, yelling, praying and cursing (not same breath) the little B****d started just as the bridge tender hailed us with a cheerful "Capt. you can bring her to the bridge." We struggled to get the anchor out of a gooky smelly swamp bottom known as "pluff mud" in the SE and proceeded to pass through out of breath and exhausted. It was there that I was introduced to M25XP starter problems which I have addressed on another thread.

After two years of work, toil and messing around we finally have the boat in the shape the yacht salesman told us it was in. Isn't sailing fun?

Larry Lee
Annabel Lee E-32-200
Savannah, GA

Blue Heron

I have been away cruising all over Fla and just got back from the Dry Tortugas west of Key West. I live in Tampa and would love to find others close to cruise with or hang out with. BTW if anyone ever wants to go to the Tortugas to dive... DO IT! It has THE nicest reefs I have ever seen and all the local authorities were super nice!

Anywho... I am back in Tampa and soon ( November) will be moving to Ft Myers Fl.

Yeah, The tortugas rock for gunkholing, just keep a weather eye:)

2ducs

Well after a very long pause from the forum we've decided not to purchase the E-35III in Mobile. It turns out to be in need of much TLC that I do not have time for unless I haul it to my house and besides I'm not looking for a project. So we'll keep looking and hope to meet you all some day.
Happy Sailing:)

edwardgato

I live very close to you!

We live in Brandon, just outside of Tampa. However, we keep our boat "El Gato" sliped at Little Harbor (Ruskin, FL). My email address is edwardgato@msn.com. Maybe we can get to gether for some sailing?

EdGato
el Capitan de "El Gato" E29, 1977

davisr

Member III
Lowcountry Ericson owners?

Dear Southeast Forum Members,

I am a new owner of an E25, centerboard. Purchased her in Oriental, NC and trailered her to my home in Charleston, SC about 3 weeks ago. From the many postings in response to the original question "anybody out there?" it would appear that there are many more Gulf Coast owners/forum members than there are East Coast.

Any other owners out there in the Lowcountry of South Carolina? I know someone mentioned that there were several Ericsons berthed in Charleston.

Best,
Roscoe Davis

E25, cb, Hull 226