A/C for 32 2

CSMcKillip

I am located in Oklahoma, last weeks its been in the 102 to 104 range. I just installed a wabasco 16000 BTU unit in our boat. We have 5 ducts running in the cabin. One in the forward birth. One in the forward birth low pointing forward. One small 2 inch in the head. And two going into the main cabin. The units can be found for 1500.00 shipped to your location. The duct kit runs about 200.00 but we made our own duct runs using 5" insulated duct to a plentum. From there it splits into the different runs. The unit comes with a digital thermostat and a remote.

I have some photos on my blog, link is under my signature. Last thrusday I went up to our boat and the inside temp was about 120 degrees. I turned on the unit and the boat cooled down to the mid seventies in about 10 to 15 min. The unit is water-cooled so you have to provide a pump located under the water line and supply a thru- hull. Ours is installed in the v-birth and runs off of the fresh water head thruhull. I installed a t-valve at the head to make the head/or ac runn off this 3/4" line. The unit discharges out a 1/2" thruhull above the water line.

The unit runs on AC 30 amp service, I had to add a 20 amp breaker for the unit. If you are planning on some off the dock AC, a 9000 btu unit can run off a xantrax inverter and you will need to run the motor to charge, wind or solar panels, or a genset.

Hope this helps, we love ours.

Last edited: