'73-29' old style Raritan head part? Not the RaritanII

clp

Member III
Well, the title says most of it, but I can not seem to find this part anywhere. It is the old style pump and handle, the kind with a small black knob on it. The knob has been called home to the Lord, and I guess I would just like to find this handle and piston, as the rest of the head looks like the day it was made. I desperately don't want to replace it all. Any thoughts, ideas, contacts, direct number to Dr. Kevorkian?
Thanks all..

Last edited:

MT Taipan

Member I
Do you have a picture of what you want? I replaced my old head 2 years ago and have the old one sitting in my garage. You know, you don't throw anything away

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I had the knob but not the piston. Finally gave up after I realized that I'd already wasted more time($) looking than the cost of a whole new head. Also the list price for similar parts was a significant fraction of the cost of a whole unit. This is starting to look like a pattern with boat stuff...
I might still have the knob around somewhere in the workshop.

clp

Member III
I THINK I may have posted the pic right. I'm a real computer idiot. Amongst other things as well.
But it's the "pump", or piston, whatever the thing is called, although in the picture, the knob is M.I.A.
It used to reside on top of what's left of it.
I'm thinking this unit was called the Raritan Compact series, before the Compact 2.

Attachments

• IMG-20120418-00164.jpg
    IMG-20120418-00164.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 50