35 or 35-2 ??

Solace

Member I
As you can see in this crappy photo I do have the pin rails and oval grab rails on the dinnette bulkhead but no post near the nav station????
I got the year of my boat from the broker who advertised and sold it as a 72? But since I've started trying to find out more about the boat im coming up with 1970 as a manufacturing date???

Attachments

• 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 119

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Here is a photo of the post. The pin rails says a very early 35-2. I have only seen them on a couple of others and never seen one older than mine. The backrests you have are VERY interesting. (Both design and pattern) Edd

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 113

Solace

Member I
Other than the post and backrests which I believe was probably a former owners design and not factory (but I could be wrong) our boats seem very similar. I'll get some better pics of my interior and post them to see how they compare.

Commotion

Member II
Hull number on Tiller head...

My tiller head is marked with 223 - 35 and is a 1972. I also met an original owner that ordered his E-35II direct from the factory with a balsa core in 1972. His hull number was 224. He knew my boat "Commotion" (in the day) as he used to race against it.

Attachments

• 619.jpg
    619.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 88