35-II hot water heater location?

jthistle

Member II
Hi Folks...

My 35-2 has no signs of a hot water heater ever being installed. Can anyone tell me where the factory would have put it? Or better yet, where the best place is to put one.

thanks a bunch
jt

Tom Plummer

Member III
Mine is on the starboard side. The ice box on my boat extends aft from the salon under the cockpit seat. The hot water heater is mounted horizontally on top of that box. For what it is worth I had to replace it a few years back and the only heater that would go in without surgery to the boat was a 6 gal. Isotherm. The one with the orange removable insulatiuon.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Hot water was an option on the original boat in 1972. I thought about installing it on mine, under the forward berth aft of the main water tanks, where there would be plenty of room for a good sized tank. I decided instead just to use the stove for hot water; somebody posted a link a while back for a stainless steel shower device that you heat over the stove and carry into the head for a shower.

Gareth
Freyje E35 #241 1972

jthistle

Member II
heater location

Thanks guys...asking questions beat the heck out of being creative. I'm gonna have a look for a heater and try to make one fit. Not sure where yet but both options are plausible.

cheers
jt