35-3 water tanks

BobH

Looking to maybe buy a 35-3. Noticed there were two water deck fills. I assume therefore there are two tanks. Sailboatdata list water capacity at 50 gal, is that for both tanks or each tank?
Thanks,
Bob

mfield

Member III
28G in the starboard 22G in the port. A rare option has 35G under the v-berth.

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Varies

Water tanks for 35-3s can vary by boat.

Earlier ones had 50 gallon tank starboard. Later ones split that tank into two port and starboard for better balance as Mike describes in his boat.

Some had an optional 35 gallon tank under the v-berth.

Ours has the 50 gallon tank starboard and the 35 gallon tank forwards, with both deck fills on starboard.

BobH

Thanks foer the responses. I guess I'll have to go down and investigate. The numbers in the listing don't match anything else, sailboatdata or other listings.

Kevin A Wright

Member III
According to my manual, for hull#165 and earlier there is a single 50 gallon tank under the stbd settee. On #166 and after there is a 28gal tank under the stbd settee, 22gal under the port dinette, and an optional 35gal under the V berth. Mine has all 3, although she rides a little bow heavy if the v berth is filled so I usually use that one first. The valves to control the individual tanks on mine are located all the way forward under the stbd settee so you can switch from one to the other to maintain balance.

Kevin Wright
E35 III Hydro Therapy