32-3 Seattle craigslist

Puget sailor

Member II
Just noticed a 32-3 on Seattle craigslist for 32k. Looks like a good boat, though I noticed the chart table faces the galley rather than aft. Not sure if it was built that way or what. Seems like it'd impose on the quarter berth a bit, but I was thinking along those lines as modification myself, which would make it more useful as work surface, and maybe make it easier to access the quarter berth. But I would not want it to hang out over pillow end of that berth. Also, the 7th picture on the listing, looking forward along the starboard side, is apparently a different boat altogether. I notified the seller via email. Otherwise, looks like a decent offering at about the right price for this region.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
That's the standard nav table orientation - lifts up at the edge facing the quarter berth. The straight line running back to the outboard side is the hinge.

Puget sailor

Member II
OH, you are absolutely right! For some reason that wide angle view created just enough distortion to fool me into thinking it was hinged for and aft, but looking at it more carefully, I can see it is indeed sloped toward the berth, same as mine. Good call.