32-3 Kenyon Mast Rewiring

jgarmin098

Member II
I plan to rewire my 32-3 Kenyon mast this winter. I think the current wiring was not placed behind the main sail track as is possible on the Kenyon spar.

Has anyone tried to remove that main sail track to allow access to the "conduit" area behind it?

Anybody know if the wiring on their Kenyon mast is in that cavity or is it just loose inside the mast...?

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Kenyon wiring

We recently rewired our '84 35-3 with the Kenyon mast with the wiring behind the sail track. Hopefully yours won't be as corroded as ours, but sliding the track off was not easy. Our sailtrack was in three sections - the smooth bottom section, and two sections with the luff groove. You will have to detach the vang and boom fittings, and slide off your spartite ring if you have one (which we had to do anyway as we were repainting the spar). The original wiring was all in the track, however the wind instrument wiring which was added later was not. Once you get the track off, redoing the wiring will be a breeze. When we slid it back on we coated the track edges with lanocote to help it slide on easier, and hopefully keep future corrosion to a minimum.

Cory Bolton