2GM20F for sale.

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
I recently repowered my Independence 31 with a 3HM35 and have consequently idled a perfectly serviceable 2GM. The PO in Philadelphia had this engine installed in the '90s'. The fellows' widow had described what struck me as very light duty for both the Boat and the Machinery. No hour meter was ever installed btw. According to her they did an annual run over to the Chesapeake via inland waters, otherwise she was their Cottage at dockside at Penns' Landing. The boat still has the original Main sail. Strictly a guess-less then 1000 hrs
I ran the engine two seasons and my only complaint was the under-power condition in a 6.5 T boat. She would run all day at 3400 rpm with no problem.
She comes c/w the 2:62 gear, the only issue I am aware of is the rear seal in the tranny weeps. I know this because I overfilled the transmission with lube when changing fluids prior to fully understanding the level required.
Included with this engine will be a newer Panel (identical panel that came with the 3HM) Also included will be the 1/2 dozen spare Oil filters, a spare thermostat and a handfull of spare seals, O-rings and small gaskets. There are two new, or as new motor mounts that came to me as well with the 3HM that would not work in my installation. The front Motor mount brackets will be missing, they went into the Boat with the new 3HM! Available from Yanmar at substantial cost or fabricate from short off-cuts of 3" x 3" or 4" x 4" steel angle iron depending on your engine bed.
As removed, the engine is in a very reasonable state of appearance. I could "tart" it up with a coat of spray paint the way they do on eBay I suppose! I'm willing to provide photos via eMail to anyone sincerely interested.
I believe it's a 35 Amp alternator that's fitted, the complete engine wiring harness is there, just a matter of filling with coolant, adding battery and clean fuel and it's ready for a new life. Can even throw in the 13 x 8" x1" prop if it suits your installation.
I have a good crate that the 3HM arrived in from California. The Air freight cost across the continent for the 3HM was about $450. and it would run 75-100 lbs more then the 2GM would tip the scales at. There are probably other modes of shipping that could cost less, and of course distance considered.
I would like to net around $2000. I have the ability to load the the crate on my utility trailer to deliver to a freight forwarder locally, at no charge.
Contact me, Greg Ross;
remove arrowheads <gmrossjr@msn.com>
Home phone days and evenings 902-658-2415