28 Side Shrouds

sailingjazz

Member II
I'll be putting my boat in the water next day or so and have a question. I've never seen her with the mast up and there are no markings on the shrouds. My question is; Do the lower shrouds go to the rear chainplate fitting on the deck or the front chainplate fitting? In the manual on this site it looks like the lowers go to the rear fitting. In several pictures I've looked at on the web, they seem to be going to the front. The boat is a '89 E28. It has a wing keel if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Kevin

1989 E28
Sandusky OH

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A quick look at another '89 on YW, looks like two shroud connections on deck on each side. The lower shroud appears to go to the aft chainplate and the upper to the more foreward one (which should line up with the mast base).
Per the brochure on this site, you should have "in line uppers and aft lowers"

Anyone else, feel free to chime in!

:)

LB

sailingjazz

Member II
Should have read the brochure.

Loren

Thanks! I was looking at the manual and should have read the brochure.

Thanks
Kevin

A quick look at another '89 on YW, looks like two shroud connections on deck on each side. The lower shroud appears to go to the aft chainplate and the upper to the more foreward one (which should line up with the mast base).
Per the brochure on this site, you should have "in line uppers and aft lowers"

Anyone else, feel free to chime in!

:)

LB

adavid

Member II
I just looked at pictures of the '86 E28 that I used to own. The lowers go to the aft chain plate as others have mentioned.

Andy