2500th Member

Kevin Johnston

Member III
It looks like this site will hit its 2500th members sometime today or at least by the weekend. Hurrah!! The more E owners the merrier.

Maybe we should have a recruitment push with a flyer or business card that can be downloaded with site information that can be left on Ericsons afloat at Marinas, to hand to owners, etc. There are a number of Ericson owners at my marina that have yet to join and I have been trying to get the word out. I sure wish I would have stumbled on to this group sooner.
KJ

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
When I was at the MEOA rendezvous this past summer there were about 12 boats. None of the skippers I spoke with knew anything about this site except Martin King.

Joe

Member II
I notice the 2499 membership statement on the main forum page as well: but, if one goes to the actual MemberList, it shows about 42 pages of members for a total of 2087 members. What gives? :confused:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Deleted!

I think it was Bots and nefarious n'er-do-wells that were DELETED:mad:, soon after joining.
But then again, I could be wrong!

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I notice the 2499 membership statement on the main forum page as well: but, if one goes to the actual MemberList, it shows about 42 pages of members for a total of 2087 members. What gives? :confused:

The lower number of members is more reflective of the true circumstance... What happens is that people join, don't post and don't update their mail. Or worse - they post, then stop visiting, and don't update their mail - then their subscriptions start bouncing...

When that happens, the account is deactivated (by the system) and the membership number decreases. I don't blow those accounts out, because eventually many of these folks come back and want their accounts re-activated (this is especially true of accounts set up early in the site's life - before we had a good membership)...

//sse