1990 Ericson 28 for sale.

aquavit

Member II
After just 4 seasons of owning our boat, the crew has decided that sail is not in their future and we are putting our boat on the market. If you search this site for "Aquavit" there will be a good history of the upgrades that I made to the boat fom 2011 thru 2013. Below are some highlights;

1990 Ericson 28;

-Full documentation / history
-Fin keel, 5'9" draft
-Edson wheel steering and cockpit table
-Ritchie compass
-Main Jib and Genoa all original special order by Gleason sails. All good condition, genoa un-used
-Yanmar diesel with < 450 hrs. (original)
-Hot & cold pressure water
-head with shower and separate bilge pump.
-LPG stove
-Refrigeration

-Depth, temp gauges. 2011
-Standard Horizon GPS 2011
-Standard Horizon DSC VHF 2011
-Marine stereo & Polk Audio speakers 2012
-Black tank level gauge 2011
-All new fixed lights 2013, custom made by Bomon

-New Dodger 2011
-New mast 2011
-New standing rigging 2011
-New running rigging 2011-2013

Cradle and winter storage cover 2010-2012

Boat is in excellent condition.

Asking $25,000.00 (CDN) cash.
$30,000.00 to qualified buyer with 20% down ($6000.00) and 60 monthly payments of $400.00.
Boat located in Penetanguishene Ontario Canada
Please contact for more details and any other pictures that you may want.

Glenn McMullin
647-505-5146
metronorth@bellnet.ca

IMG_0212.jpgIMG_0216.jpgIMG_0218.jpgIMG_0224.jpgIMG_0251.jpg

GregB

Member II
wrong coast!

This looks perfect... want to sail it to seattle for me?

After just 4 seasons of owning our boat, the crew has decided that sail is not in their future and we are putting our boat on the market. If you search this site for "Aquavit" there will be a good history of the upgrades that I made to the boat fom 2011 thru 2013. Below are some highlights;

1990 Ericson 28;

-Full documentation / history
-Fin keel, 5'9" draft
-Edson wheel steering and cockpit table
-Ritchie compass
-Main Jib and Genoa all original special order by Gleason sails. All good condition, genoa un-used
-Yanmar diesel with < 450 hrs. (original)
-Hot & cold pressure water
-head with shower and separate bilge pump.
-LPG stove
-Refrigeration

-Depth, temp gauges. 2011
-Standard Horizon GPS 2011
-Standard Horizon DSC VHF 2011
-Marine stereo & Polk Audio speakers 2012
-Black tank level gauge 2011
-All new fixed lights 2013, custom made by Bomon

-New Dodger 2011
-New mast 2011
-New standing rigging 2011
-New running rigging 2011-2013

Cradle and winter storage cover 2010-2012

Boat is in excellent condition.

Asking $25,000.00 (CDN) cash.
$30,000.00 to qualified buyer with 20% down ($6000.00) and 60 monthly payments of $400.00.
Boat located in Penetanguishene Ontario Canada
Please contact for more details and any other pictures that you may want.

Glenn McMullin
647-505-5146
metronorth@bellnet.ca

View attachment 13146View attachment 13147View attachment 13148View attachment 13149View attachment 13150

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
This looks perfect... want to sail it to seattle for me?

I have a buddy with a three-axle sailboat trailer and a big pickup.... maybe I should introduce you two!
:rolleyes:

Or, as they said in Animal House, "Road trip!" :0

Loren

GregB

Member II
That is a hell of a road trip, and yet....

What do you think that delivery would run you, me, us?

I have a buddy with a three-axle sailboat trailer and a big pickup.... maybe I should introduce you two!
:rolleyes:

Or, as they said in Animal House, "Road trip!" :0

Loren

aquavit

Member II
Sorry, price is "our dock" Penetang Ontario Canada. Having said that I would be willing to sail it to any port on any of the great lakes with the exception of Superior. I would turn it over to someone with local knowledge of that lake.
Glenn

GregB

Member II
Yeah - I kind of figured as much but you kept my dreams alive one more day by waiting to respond... thank you for that! Good luck with the sale.

Greg

Sorry, price is "our dock" Penetang Ontario Canada. Having said that I would be willing to sail it to any port on any of the great lakes with the exception of Superior. I would turn it over to someone with local knowledge of that lake.
Glenn

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Greg, maybe one of these days....

Hi Greg,
Our 1984 E30+ is a very similar boat, just slightly larger, also in, excellent condition. We are in Nanaimo, BC, so not too far from you. She is not for sale now but will be at some point in the next few years, so don't give up your dream.
And if not our boat, I'm sure there is another good boat on the west coast for you.
Frank

GregB

Member II
Thanks Frank - I haven't given up... I am just at an "inflection point" on my current E-23. I probably need to haul it, and do some stuff. I am just thinking I would rather do that to my next boat. We are getting more and more solid on E-27, E-28, E-29 or E-30 as the right boat as we look at more and more crappy boats. (Though there are probably cals, tartans, sabres, islanders etc. that are pretty similar, I like the active Ericson community). I know there are pretty big differences between the Ericson boats I mentioned, but not so much for our purposes. Maybe one of my EYO buddy's will come through!

I have decided that I am not much up for a big project. I realize that this is going to cost me some more $$, but at least I know myself.
The commodore has put a pretty hard top length restriction of 30' on the boat. (Sensible , really for us...)
Though I suppose my search area is theoretically large, it probably makes sense to stay in the PNW since there are so many boats here and shipping gets complicated and expensive relative to the price of these boats. So keep your eyes open for me / lets chat when you are ready.

G

Hi Greg,
Our 1984 E30+ is a very similar boat, just slightly larger, also in, excellent condition. We are in Nanaimo, BC, so not too far from you. She is not for sale now but will be at some point in the next few years, so don't give up your dream.
And if not our boat, I'm sure there is another good boat on the west coast for you.
Frank

Frank Langer

Greg,

I think you are right in your view that the Ericson community is unique in the expertise and helpfulness of this site. And Ericsons are such good boats, both in their construction and their sailing abilities, that they are worth spending time and money on.

We have owned ours for over seven years, and with being retired I can spend as much time as I want on maintenance (I'm usually on the boat, either sailing or working on something about 5 days a week!). I'm at the nice point now where there really isn't anything left to do, so I tweak a bit here and there, add another coat of varnish to the handrails, etc., just because I like being on the boat--my passion. And that's why she's not for sale yet! People at our marina can't believe that she is a 1984 she looks so good! :egrin:

If you are ever on Vancouver Island, let me know and if I'm around, we could go for a sail which might help you decide on whether a 30 foot boat would be a good fit for you and your family. I used to own a 23 foot boat til we moved to the coast. I used to worry about sailing a boat as "large" as a 30 foot, but now when my wife isn't available to join me I sail singlehanded in all kinds of weather without any trouble managing her.

Anyway, good luck in your continued search, but let me know if you are ever up this way!

Frank

GregB

Member II
Thanks Frank! I may just take you up on that when the weather warms up. I am sort of "all over the place" in my ideas about how to get the right boat. (Currently contemplating a trip to portland Oregon to look at a couple of boats!) I still have a fantasy of partnering with someone in your shoes for a couple of years to really learn the maintenance quirks before retiring myself and taking on the full responsibility of the boat. Sort of mating my strong(ish) back with your strong mind to have the perfect boat maintenance partnership. I get a mentor, you get someone to crawl into the engine compartment and pump out the head.

I am coming to the conclusion that this is a fantasy though... right boat, right location, right price, right usage patterns, personalities etc etc etc - I just don't think it is in the cards. So... Keep me in mind if you get serious about selling, and keep your eyes open for a great boat for me!

Thanks again.

G

Greg,

I think you are right in your view that the Ericson community is unique in the expertise and helpfulness of this site. And Ericsons are such good boats, both in their construction and their sailing abilities, that they are worth spending time and money on.

We have owned ours for over seven years, and with being retired I can spend as much time as I want on maintenance (I'm usually on the boat, either sailing or working on something about 5 days a week!). I'm at the nice point now where there really isn't anything left to do, so I tweak a bit here and there, add another coat of varnish to the handrails, etc., just because I like being on the boat--my passion. And that's why she's not for sale yet! People at our marina can't believe that she is a 1984 she looks so good! :egrin:

If you are ever on Vancouver Island, let me know and if I'm around, we could go for a sail which might help you decide on whether a 30 foot boat would be a good fit for you and your family. I used to own a 23 foot boat til we moved to the coast. I used to worry about sailing a boat as "large" as a 30 foot, but now when my wife isn't available to join me I sail singlehanded in all kinds of weather without any trouble managing her.

Anyway, good luck in your continued search, but let me know if you are ever up this way!

Frank

Frank Langer

Hi Greg,

Yeah, that would be ideal if you found someone close by to partner with while you get to know the boat. But I think that's less important than finding a good boat that has been really well maintained. There is so much expertise on this site, and some of the others as well, and good reference books on maintenance as well (eg. Nigel Calder's book on Maintenance and Electrical Manual, or similar title, and his book on Diesel Engine Maintenance).

Other than internal engine stuff, I have learned over the years to do all the maintenance on our boat, and usually it's a matter of carefully and methodically working through the problems, getting advice as needed. But it's certainly doable for most people, just takes some time.

We love our boat and I'm not sure I would ever find one in as good condition that has all the work done, so I won't be selling her before I can't sail anymore, which is a few more years (unless I get an offer I can't refuse! :0 ).

But I am always happy to take a sailor for a sail to see how great these boats are, or to answer questions about them.

Good luck in your search, and who knows, maybe someday you'll want to buy our boat! :)

Frank

GregB

Member II
A worthy bump...

Yeah, we should get a room! But your post is nicely active. I still think you should sail that beauty to Seattle. I would pay full price if you delivered it! I'd even buy you dinner. I'll start the navigation for you: Go to Atlantic ocean, turn right...

aquavit

Member II
Sailing from Chicago to Penetang was one of the highlights of my life but I'm not sure I have stones large enough to do the continental loop.

Glenn