1988 Ericson 26 on trailer for sale

CraigAndTracy

Selling our Ericson 26. $6,000 Located in Bend, Oregon.

We bought this about a year and a half ago and am realizing we just can't seem to make the time to go sail her.

We had the engine (Universal Diesel Model M-12) looked at by Cook Engine in Portland and they said it is all in good working order. They also said engines can fail at any point, so our plan was to mount an outboard for back up.

Happy to answer any questions, but I don't know much about the boat. I bought it from someone in Arizona of all places who purported to be the second owner, but he never personally sailed the boat.

The mast and rigging is in my garage which is why it is not shown in the pics.

The trailer is in great roadworthy shape. I added the hydraulic braking system then spent another $2k getting it ready for the haul from Arizona to Oregon. I forget what else I had done...maybe bearings or an axle replacement. At any rate, I had a mechanic look it over and fix whatever he recommended.

I'll try to check back in here to see if there is any interest, but if interested, I'm always watching my email: Craig@PeakReturns.net.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 56
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 55
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 53
  • boat9.jpg
    boat9.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 56
  • boat12.jpg
    boat12.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 58
  • boat11.jpg
    boat11.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 61
  • boat14.jpg
    boat14.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 58
  • boat10.jpg
    boat10.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 58
  • boat6.jpg
    boat6.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 51
  • boat13.jpg
    boat13.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 57

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
The bulb keel is interesting. I wonder what the story is behind that.
Agreed. Lots of surprises, here. Is this the "shoal keel" version? I didn't know they made the E25+ in 1988 (I thought the E26-2 replaced it in 1984). Also didn't know they put an inboard on the E25+. I thought the only options were an outboard or saildrive.

She looks to be in nice shape and having that nice trailer to go with it is fantastic. Best wishes with the sale!

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Agreed. Lots of surprises, here. Is this the "shoal keel" version? I didn't know they made the E25+ in 1988 (I thought the E26-2 replaced it in 1984). Also didn't know they put an inboard on the E25+. I thought the only options were an outboard or saildrive.

She looks to be in nice shape and having that nice trailer to go with it is fantastic. Best wishes with the sale!
You're right about the year; I didn't even notice that. No way is it a 1988 if it is in fact a 25+.

Based on the location of the forward hatch, I'm pretty sure it's actually a 26. See pictures ending in 2 and 14.

CraigAndTracy

You're right about the year; I didn't even notice that. No way is it a 1988 if it is in fact a 25+.

Based on the location of the forward hatch, I'm pretty sure it's actually a 26. See pictures ending in 2 and 14.
Thanks for all the additional info guys. I had it in my head that it was a 25+, but after reading your response and looking through my paperwork I can see that it does appear to be a 26. I was looking for a way to edit the post, but may not be able to after a period of time. I'm not sure what the proper protocol is in this situation. Seems I can either leave this post/response here clarifying that it does appear to be a 26 and not a 25+, or possibly I could delete the original post and repost with correct info. I'll look through the site to see if I can find some answers on how to proceed.

[Boat model now corrected: 26, not 25+]

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice Ericson! Even Nicer price, also. Heck a new double axel trailer is worth almost that much money.
Good Luck!