1985 Ericson 38 for sale Sandusky, OH $56500

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Here's a photo from the working link.

Lovely boat. Did someone LPU paint the spars and hull? That's not a color combo I have ever seen on one of these.
LB

Attachments

• Circe_at_Dock_2.jpg
    Circe_at_Dock_2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 703

spencer

Member II
Yes I saw that the boat trader link is incorrect. The correct link is http.//www.boattrader.com/listing/1985-Ericson-Sail-Sloop-97799021
As to the color, as far as I know the color of the hull and mast are original. I bought the boat in 1999 from a guy ( one of the original owners who bought out his partner) who kept it in Charlavoix, MI. He told me he had done nothing to either. The hull has a very deep shine on it as I wax it it the fall on haul out and in the spring before launch. About 3 years ago I had the boom and the lower 8 feet or so of the mast redone because both were getting scratched from normal wear and tear, especially when the mast is takenout at the partner area each in the fall and again when put back on on the spring .

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Your welcome!

If there were a short snippit of philosophy to describe what goes on on this site, it might be something like:

“We are not primarily put on this earth to see through one another, but to see one another through”

Peter De Vries quotes (American comic visionary, Editor, Novelist, Satirist and Linguist. 1910-1993)

Last edited:

sailingdeacon

Member III
I may have interest. I currently single hand a e34 1987 with no problems with all lines lead to the cockpit. Do you think I coiuld singlehand your 38? the web site shows 5.5' draft. I dont think this boat came that way. Is it a deep or wing keel or shoal.

spencer

Member II
Well after 10 years of good times on the great lakes, I sold her to a happy new owner today. Sorry to see her go but the time had come.