1983 E-38 Water tank available in Seattle, WA (slight leak)

paramita

I removed the v-berth water tank from my 1984 Ericson 38. It appears to be in pretty good shape but it was definitely responsible for a regular puddle of water under next to the depth/speed transducers. I never saw water coming from the hose connections, so I have to assume it's got a pinhole leak at a bend or a weld. Never really enough to run the bilge pump regularly, but enough for me to rip it out.

I don't have the skills to pressure test/repair it, but if anyone here could make good use of it I'd be happy to give it away instead of taking it to the metal recycler.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If it is an SS tank, it should be quite repairable. (EY installed a lot of rotomolded plastic water tanks also.)
Most smaller welding / fabrication shops should be able to repair an SS tank. With ease.
Have you tested the tank for leaks, after removing it from the boat?
I note that the most difficult part of repairing/replacing our water or fuel tanks was the removal and reinstall, by far. Absolutely.

Last edited:

paramita

It has not been tested, so there is certainly a chance that it was only leaking at the fill or drain, but they always felt dry to me. I'm sure it could be repaired with out too much trouble, I just went a different route. I'm regularly driving between Belingham/Anacortes and the Portland area, so happy to deliver the tank anywhere between there.