1981 Ericson 38 Monterey, CA $35K!

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Mark, you need to look a little closer at those photos. Very worn sole, lots of evidence of portlight leaks, wiring hanging from the headliner. I would say this boat looks fairly well neglected.

Also, I am no expert on the 38 but is that a wooden toerail? Shouldn't that be a molded FRP section of the deck? I would hate to think that someone cut that off and replaced it with wood.

aquavit

Member II
And........
Why don't people shovel all of their personal crap out of the way before taking sales pictures? It reminds me of a house for sale that my wife and I once looked at, our agent took us in and they were cooking some stinky fish and onions!

While riding that train of thought, does anyone market themselves as a "yacht stager", similar to the recently trendy "home stagers" who get you thousands more for your home?

Glenn, who just had a couple glasses of wine (whine)

aquavit

Member II
Call me a moron, but other than a really nice boat, I don't know what aquavit is. I thought the name meant "water life" in italian or latin or something else deep.

Glenn. Gotta go to sleep now.

Sven

Seglare
I thought the name meant "water life" in italian or latin or something else deep.

Latin. "Water of life" is probably the correct translation but I'm no Latin scholar. It is kind of the traditional Scandinavian (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish) equivalent of Vodka. Other than a bottle that Sam Vickery's friend gave us at the Senta II renaming ceremony last year I've never had any that tasted good. That renaming ceremony bottle was a wonderful exception.

More than you wanted to know and enough thread hi-jacking :)

-Sven