1980 Ericson 30 forsale $6,700

mattscales19

A solid classic boat. Currently being sailed and raced in Buzzards bay. Comes with a fully battened main, spinnaker, and 3 front sails (95 with batons, 110 furler and Kevlar 150). spinnaker pole, Lazy jacks on main. roller furler on jib. Sleeps 6. 18HP Universal Diesel engine. Alcohol stove and ice box in galley. Comes with all lines and fenders needed to sail, 5' 11" delta keel for pointing high into the wind. I've spent many nights and weekends sleeping on the boat in the last 3 years. Only selling to upgrade to a larger boat.

Recent upgrades. Completely new head system with all new premium hoses, holding tank, and "comfort" toilet. Batteries are under 2 years old. New parallel battery selector switch, battery cables, Garmin GPS power cable run to pedestal guard, new marine stereo, new LED bathroom light with nightlight mode. In spring of 2021, hull was wet sanded, and machined buffed with compound and then wax. New Ericson Viking decals. All new engine gauges in 2020, new mast wire connectors at step.

Could use some cosmetic work, but fully ready to sail. Enjoy the rest of the season!

Contact Matt 774-205-3985 (text or call)

I can post more photos or link to another ad once I get one up.

Attachments

• at mvy.PNG
    at mvy.PNG
    763.2 KB · Views: 33

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Wow, way to low on the $$ IMHO, you could get twice that easy. Of course I'm biased and trying to protect my own "investment". Do you have more pics you can share ?

mattscales19

lol. of course you guys would feel that way, being fellow Ericson fans. :) I'm in that typically bought my new boat before selling my old boat situation. Plus, I need to get some more current photos of the cabin. I removed some of the vinyl ceiling and wall on the starboard side to track down some rain leaks. Which worked, the bilge has been completely dry ever since, but something needs to be put back. I just painted some epoxy bilge paint for the moment. As soon as I can get to the boat and take some more photos of the lesser appealing parts, I'll be sure to post them

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Congratulations! Although it sounds like she will need some cosmetic work, these E30+ boats sail really well, both in light air and stronger breeze. It seems to me you got an exceptionally good deal!
Don't hesitate to ask for advice from members on this site - - there is lots of knowledge and experience, and people are generally very helpful. :)
Frank

Mike Siegel

Member II
Yup she needs some love for sure . Im one of those sickos that likes the projects though . As long as she made it through henri ok shell be coming home in the next 2 weeks , with a my virgin journey through the capecod canal.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Jacody, Discovery is a 1983 E030+, a sister ship to your new project and she is located in Portsmouth, R.I. If your interested, I'd like to make a visit to talk and share stories.

As for sailing in strong breezes, I can personally attest to the E-30+'s capability, having sailed Discovery during the early May No-Easter off Long Island this year.

Mark "Souleman" Soule