1978 ericson diesel

MIKE BASLER

I am in the process of buying the above boat equipped with a single cylinder Yanmar 8 hp. diesel.The age of the motor and the installation make me think that this is an original factory installation.Does anyone know if Ericson offered a factory diesel option in 78 (their last production yr. on the 27) Mike Basler

MIKE BASLER

As a new member I am not sure how to respond to a reply. Thanks Tripper Dave for your response,by the way I used to be a member of QCYC in the 60's Mike Basler

tonysantos

I am in the process of buying the above boat equipped with a single cylinder Yanmar 8 hp. diesel.The age of the motor and the installation make me think that this is an original factory installation.Does anyone know if Ericson offered a factory diesel option in 78 (their last production yr. on the 27) Mike Basler

The YSB 8 was a factory installation. My 1978 E27 had on as well, which I have since replaced, but it was a bullet proof engine!

Tony

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
The YSB 8 was a factory installation. My 1978 E27 had on as well, which I have since replaced, but it was a bullet proof engine!

Tony - If it wasn't bullets that caused the replacement can we assume bombs, or rockets? :0

tonysantos

Tony - If it wasn't bullets that caused the replacement can we assume bombs, or rockets? :0

Your reason sounds much better than the actual one and would certainly be a good story! So, regrettably, the YSB was just burning oil and running out of it at the worst times. It was loud and shook the whole boat and the wife said get it fixed, so I did. I swapped it with a Beta Marine Kubota conversion and that has been pretty nice.