1978 Ericson 27 wheel steering in Annapolis, MD For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonysantos

Hi Everyone,

I have an Ericson 27 with wheel steering which I have owned since about 2002-2003. I am the second owner and have spent the time restoring the boat; that is until children came along, and now I don't have any time! It has been out of the water for 3 years and I am in the middle of the usual upkeep stuff. I don't really want to sell it but I'd like to see it being enjoyed and sailed, so here are the details:

The boat was completely rewired and new electronics installed when I bought it: new VHF, depth, and wind indicator, light fixtures, holding tank level.

Re-powered with a Beta Marine 14hp Diesel.

New North Sails the season before I pulled it out of the water: 130 Roller Furling Genoa, + Main.

New Standing rigging and life lines at same time as sails.

Peeled and relaminated bottom same time as sails 14 coats of vinylester barrier coating.

Custom Sunbrella cover approximately 18 months old.

New head and holding tank, plumbing and pumpout pump.

Re-bedded stanchion bases and teak hand rails.

New electric automatic bilge pump. The boat also has the manual pump on the transom.

Here is what it needs and stuff I'm in the middle of:

Re-pitch prop it needs a little less pitch to get full power.

I did a light sanding of the wood finish to apply new coat of Honey Teak so it needs finishing.

Clean/Polish the diesel in the tank.

Clean cushions, which are original 1978 material which are nice but dated and need washing. I planned on getting new ones when I re-launced the boat.

I started to install a lightning grounding system so there are two grounding pads in the hull but the rigging has not been grounded to them.

The holding tank level sensor needs to be reglued to the tank.

I pulled the anchor bracket to re-bed or install an anchor roller so that needs to be completed.

All the electronics need to be tested as they haven't been used. The VHF is fine I listen to it and test it when I go out to work on the boat.

I had a survey done before the last launch for insurance purposes and it was valued at 20,000, that's not what I'm asking, and I have spent much more than that amount.

I need to get some pictures. If you are in the area you can look at it just give me a call. (757) 560-8908

I'll consider any reasonable offer. You can have this sailing in very little time, that's sailboat time!

Tony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.