1976 E23 II Seattle (Lake Union moorage)

GregB

Member II
Before I go onto Craig's list with this:

We upgraded to a 32-3 and I am about to doll up our 23 to sell. This is a really a great, brand new in 2013, lovingly broken in Tohatsu 6HP long shaft ($1300+- value) that comes with a good old boat ($2,500+- value as is.)

Of course at this point in the season she is a little green, needs a bit of this and that (mast light is out etc.). In stalking Craigslist and Lake Union for the last two years, I have seen packages such as this go for $5,000 on a sunny day (too much, and that was a Catalina for god's sake!) and I have seen them fire sale for $2,500 (too little, desperate seller, junky boat). I am going to start working her over and probably list it for $4,500 to the CL general public as the (modest) project list gets accomplished.

If someone comes from the Ericson community I will make them a better deal. If someone jumps up now and saves me some scrubbing time I would let her go for $3K.

This is a terrific 1st keel boat. A wonderful "duck dodge" boat (moorage is right off the course.)

I am not looking for top $$ from my Ericson brethren, just a fair deal. If I go out to CL I'm going to have to get cynical, cagey and defensive.

Anyone interested in some good cheap fun?

GregB

Member II
Sheesh... something I said?!

Wow - no commentary at all? I guess I am bumping once and then I will go scrub her and pop it on Craig's list for $3,700.:confused:

Before I go onto Craig's list with this:

We upgraded to a 32-3 and I am about to doll up our 23 to sell. This is a really a great, brand new in 2013, lovingly broken in Tohatsu 6HP long shaft ($1300+- value) that comes with a good old boat ($2,500+- value as is.)

Of course at this point in the season she is a little green, needs a bit of this and that (mast light is out etc.). In stalking Craigslist and Lake Union for the last two years, I have seen packages such as this go for $5,000 on a sunny day (too much, and that was a Catalina for god's sake!) and I have seen them fire sale for $2,500 (too little, desperate seller, junky boat). I am going to start working her over and probably list it for $4,500 to the CL general public as the (modest) project list gets accomplished.

If someone comes from the Ericson community I will make them a better deal. If someone jumps up now and saves me some scrubbing time I would let her go for $3K.

This is a terrific 1st keel boat. A wonderful "duck dodge" boat (moorage is right off the course.)

I am not looking for top $$ from my Ericson brethren, just a fair deal. If I go out to CL I'm going to have to get cynical, cagey and defensive.

Anyone interested in some good cheap fun?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sales gambit when selling a boat that would be a first boat: in the add, offer sailing instruction to buyers.
It seems folks are attracted to a seller who will show them the ropes--denotes non rip-off. Has worked for me twice.

CW from iphone

GregB

Member II
So nice of you to offer!

Christian - you are willing to come all the way up here to teach them to sail? Wow - I heard you were a nice guy but that seems over the top!!

Actually - that is a great idea. I am willing to teach them both things that I know: Don't hit the dock, and don't hit anything else either.

I am pretty confident that there is nothing wrong with the boat (I haven't hauled it) and I am very confident in the motor since i have had it since it was a baby.

Time to get cleaning! If it would only stop raining for a day or two...

I really want to work on my 32-3 instead though. I am sure you understand!

Sales gambit when selling a boat that would be a first boat: in the add, offer sailing instruction to buyers.
It seems folks are attracted to a seller who will show them the ropes--denotes non rip-off. Has worked for me twice.

CW from iphone

GregB

Member II
Now on Seattle Craigslist for $4,100

$4,100 because I had to list her for more than the prevailing $hi++y Catalinas! She cleaned up pretty nicely too. We had her out for a sail last week - someone is going to get a nice ride!

Christian - you are willing to come all the way up here to teach them to sail? Wow - I heard you were a nice guy but that seems over the top!!

Actually - that is a great idea. I am willing to teach them both things that I know: Don't hit the dock, and don't hit anything else either.

I am pretty confident that there is nothing wrong with the boat (I haven't hauled it) and I am very confident in the motor since i have had it since it was a baby.

Time to get cleaning! If it would only stop raining for a day or two...

I really want to work on my 32-3 instead though. I am sure you understand!

GregB

Member II
Price drop

I just dropped to $3,700. It pains me to be priced with the catalinas, but we must do what we must do.

There are a couple of well found catalinas in the same price range at the moment if someone wants one. (Can't think of why one would... perhaps destruction testing?):0