CONTACT NUMBER (435) 787-8844 HORSEPOWER 29
BOAT NAME Tally II CRUISING SPEED 6.0
LENGTH FEET 31 MAX SPEED 6.5 @ 1800 rpms
HULL TYPE FIBERGLASS/COMPOSITE FUEL (GALLONS) 25
ENGINE TYPE SINGLE HOLDING (GALLONS) 20
FUEL DIESEL WATER (GALLONS) 30
BUILDER Ericson CATEGORY CRUISER/RACER

DESCRIPTION
1976 ERICSON 32-2, 31' 7'' Tally II, With custom boat trailer. A classic Bruce King sloop which is one of his most outstanding designs. Equally at home racing as she is cruising. Meticulously maintained, fresh water boat may be the best example of 32-2 anywhere. She has a well thought out interior with the best possible use of space. She sleeps six but more comfortable cruises with a family of four. She is fitted for club racing and is set up to be easy single handed. She sails well below her PHRF rating of 180.

ACCOMMODATION This classic sloop features a double "V" berth stateroom forward followed by an enclosed head with manual head, SS sink and manual pump. Aft of the head is a "U" shaped dinette that coverts to a double berth. Starboard of the head is a large hanging locker. A settee converts into a full size storm berth aft of the locker. Aft of the dinette is a mahogany navigator's cabinet and to starboard is a full galley. A large berth is aft of the navigator's station. The cabin is richly appointed with varnished mahogany.
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT Wheel steering, Gusher manual bilge pump, auto and switched electric bilge pump
GALLEY EQUIPMENT Deep SS sink, large ice box, 3 burner alcohol stove with oven, in line & manual water pump, large counter spaces
ELECTRONICS NAV VHF, Horizon speed and depth sounder, Signet Log, Richie Globemaster compass, Windex directional, Loran, Pioneer non-skip AM/FM/CD stereo, 50 watt stereo amp, Premium water proof speakers in cockpit, Premium cabin speakers
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 110 vAC12 vDC, 20 amp Tru Charge battery charger, 25' shore power cord, 2 switched batteries new 6/2005
DECK & HULL 4'11" fin keel, Faired hull, keel and rudder, Sprayed VC bottom paint wet sand & burn, SS bow and stern pulpits, SS swim ladder, 2-2 speed self tailing winches in cockpit, 2-single speed winched on cabin roof, All lines lead aft including double reefing, Pedestal wheel steering, teak grates on cockpit floors, Aux. tiller, Danforth with chain & 175' marked line, 2 blade Martex folding prop
SAILS/RIGGING High aspect double spreader rig, SS wire rigging, Aluminum deck stepped mast, Aluminum boom, Gauhauer rigid boom vang, Back stay adjuster, Harken roller furler.Sails:UK "Tapedrive" main with max roach, UK "Tapedrive" 145% genoa, North dacron main, North dacron 155% genoa, North dacron 110% jib, UK asymmetrical reacher, Spinnaker snuffer, Spintacker.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT Twin axle(9000/each)six pad custom boat trailer, adjustable stanchions & bow chock, and extra set of new tire 9 ply tires, 2 winch handles, full cockpit cushions, horseshoe buoy, 2 sets spin sheets light and med weight, extra genoa sheets & anchor lines, mahogany tiller, fenders, dock lines, pfd's, covers-winch, compass, instruments, sail, whisker pole, complete manuals for boat & all equip

Last edited:

gsazama

Mark,
picture some pictures are attached to the ad I have for her on Boattrader.com.
I can email you those and other's I have of her if you would give me your email address.
Gary

Sven

Seglare
gsazama said:
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT Twin axle(9000/each)six pad custom boat trailer, adjustable stanchions & bow chock...

I don't see myself trailering a 31 footer around, but I am curioius :)

Is the trailer for just land storage or is it actually street legal ? I was trying to imagine what it would be like to go around even long sweeping turns and almost got an anxeity attack at the keyboard.

<Thread hijack>How do boat transporters do it ? Do they have clinometers in the chase cars to warn them about tipping risks ? </Thread hijack>

The boat looks beautiful !

-Sven

Emerald

sailing the trailer downwind is no problem, but trying to tack the sucker, well, sucks :egrin:

sorry, couldn't resist

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

gsazama

Here at Bear Lake, we use these trailers to store, launch and work on our boats. They also come in handy when the water level drops too low during drought years to move them to the coast or to less effected lakes. People on the coast use them to move their boats to much less expensive storage areas during the off season.
Would not want to travel around town since moving the 32-2 requires a wide load permit and at least a one ton truck.
The boat is for sale without the trailer as well. I already have some people interested in the trailer by itself.
Gary

Last edited:

gsazama

Just a note.
Tacking is somewhat tricky with the wide load trailer and it does move my rating up to :esad: 190.

Art Mullinax

Member III
Hold your breath.

Putting a boat that size is a real challenge. We have to disconnect the trailer from the tow vehicle, attach a rope to the trailer, then let the trailer back into about 5-6 foot of water down the ramp. It has to be deep enough for the keel to clear the trailer. Then, start pulling the trailer and boat out at the same time, not letting either go too fast. About the time you start this tedious process a G$#@&*D*&%@ power boater will come along in a no wake zone plowing through like a barge. Goes like that sometimes!!! Sometimes you're the windsheild and sometimes you're the bug. :egrin:
Art M
E29