1973 E 25 cb

SJSchaffer

Howdy,

I am considering buying a 1973 E 25 cb and am wondering if any of you have any words of caution/advice? I sail in Little Egg Harbor, NJ, and so need a shallow draft boat, but my wife gave birth to twins in November (my son is helping me type this) and so I am looking to upgrade from my Venture 22.

Many thanks!

Steve Schaffer
Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E25cb

Steve~ You will be buying a nice, roomy, solid boat. A couple of things to look for is that the centerboard is there and fine. The rudder mounts take a look there too. The rest of the stuff to look for is your typical things, i.e deck softness, chain plates, bulkheads so on. Please feel free to ask more questions, I have pretty much gone thru my boat head to toe. I too have a 73' E25CB

Attachments

• boat pictures 082.jpg
    boat pictures 082.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2004_0604Image0004.jpg
    2004_0604Image0004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

SJSchaffer

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. The centerboard looks too small to function as ballast, I assume it's there to act as a foil only?

There is one soft spot on the cabin roof which I suspect I will have to fix, but other than that the boat seems solid as a rock. Much better built than my Venture 22.

Is the mast easily stepped/unstepped? I keep my boat behind a private residence along with a half dozen other sailors (we call ourselves the CAYC - Cheap A$$ Yacht Club) and pull and store the boats ourselves for the winter.

Thanks,

Steve

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Steve~ The boats ballast is a chunk of lead 2400 lbs in the belly. The board weighs 150 lbs. If you have the mast hinge, raising and lowering is easier. Without it, its a beast. I use to do it with 3 others to raise, but just got sick of losing friends. If you want you can call me @ 920.203.1876