1965 E32 Hull Number 1

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Yesterday I came across this Ericson in my backyard.
I haven't found any resources on the early E32 on this site.
Are there any??

I really like the lines. Any one know the PHRF rating?
The stern is beautiful and a tailorable 32 a real bonus.
Thank you,
KJ

Attachments

• 32' Ericson.jpg
    32' Ericson.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:

Kevin Johnston

Member III
E32 Stern

Hatches look like they are gone. The ass end looks great. I love the heart shaped stern.
Very attracted to that in both boats and women. I am married, so I have one of the two
covered. Been awhile since I have been on here.
KJ

Attachments

• E32 Stern.jpg
    E32 Stern.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Original Ad for the E32

Here is one of the few things I found on line about the early E32's.
KJ

Attachments

• E32 Ad.jpg
    E32 Ad.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 425

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Last edited:

auer1816

Sold!

My dad and I just picked up this boat today. We're pretty anxious to get it back in decent condition, though it does need quite a bit of work on the interior to make it shine again. Structurally, the boat is sound -- no delamination or spongy decks. We'll probably clean up the exterior, check the rigging, replace all the ropes, and gut the interior in the weeks to come... maybe stick it in the water this summer for a month or two on Pend Oreille or CDA. This winter, we're planning on doing the heavy duty restoration of all the wood trim and interior stuff. Plus we need to put the original name ("Rumors") back on it -- the previous owner changed the name. Should look much better by next season.

We ended up with 11 sails, including what looks like 5 from the original purchase (all in identical sail bags). The sails were buried in a semi trailer full of other stuff, so it's a stroke of luck that we recovered them. The original main sail has the number "1" sewn in, and it's in surprisingly good shape. The other original sails include a genoa, spinnaker, tallboy, and reacher (all of which are in decent shape). We also scored what looks like a brand new (still factory folded) main and genoa, so we'll opt to use these rather than the originals when we head out to play. The rest of the sails include another spinnaker and various foresails that we have yet to examine.

At this point, we're looking for any information on this boat and the role it played in the origins of Ericson. We're still a bit foggy as to whether this was the very first boat produced, or if it's just the first Scorpion. I haven't seen any indication that other models were produced prior to 1965, so this is really intriguing. If anybody has any leads or contacts regarding this boat, we would be grateful for the info.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Yesterday I came across this Ericson in my backyard.

How long was it there before you noticed it?

:)

I love the heart shaped stern. Very attracted to that in both boats and women. I am married, so I have one of the two covered.

Which one?

:D

Last edited: