150% RF Genoa for E-38

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am replacing this sail with a new one. I will get some other pictures and specific measurements if you are genuinely interested. This sail is a Harrstick, dacron probably 6.5 oz. with triple stitched seams and dark blue sunbrella on the leech and foot. It has a foam luff and reefs reasonably well to 130%. Not sure of exact age as it came with the boat which I bought in january of 2005. If I had to guess its 5 or 6 years old. The sail is good shape and not that stretched out but the UV covers are pretty tired. No holes just stretched. I had the sail looked over last winter and they touched up the stitching on the covers but recommended they be replaced. I am a more performance driven sailor and plan to do some racing with my boat. This sail is not so good for racing but still has a number of good years left in it cruising. The clew is about 30" high and has good visibilty but still goes well upwind. The sucker probably weighs 60lbs or more so shipping could be a PITA. I used to work for Bacons and I would rate this sail as "Good". I would like to get a few hundred for it but am open to offers. I may end up taking it to Bacons or Ebay but figured I would try here first. P-Mail ted_reshetiloff@yahoo.com

Attachments

• genny1.JPG
    genny1.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 128
  • genny2.JPG
    genny2.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Sail is at Bacons now. Dropped it off today. They will list it soon. In the mean time if anyone on this list wants to make an offer lemme know. I am not sure where bacons will list it but based on other 150's thay have listed for this boat I would guess 500-700. I would much rather sell the sail to someone on this list though.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Bacons listing:

Catalog No 43-TED-102 Luff 47' 10" Foot 24' 5" Leech 46' 2" Head 0' 0" Price $ 1325.00
ROLLER FURLING GENOA, 8.0 OZ. TRIPLE STITCHED DACRON BY HAARSTICK. 3/16" LUFF TAPE FOR SLOT. FOAM BEHIND FOR ROLLER REEFING. CAPTAIN'S NAVY SUNBRELLA SUNCOVERS ON STARBOARD SIDE OF LEECH/FOOT. LEECH/FOOT LINES. RINGS AT TACK AND HEAD. MINOR RESTITCHING. MODERATE SOIL. NO BAG. VERY GOOD. 74 lbs

Price seems a bit higher than what I would have suggested just based on the fact that a new laminate 150 with all the bells was 4300. I am still open to offers for the sail until Bacons sells it... www.baconsails.com Oh yeah I do have a bag for it just for got to take it with the sail.