~15' 6" long 4" diameter spinnaker pole - suggestions ?

Sven

Seglare
It's beautiful and was re-LP'd when we did the standing rigging. We just won't use it and have an adjustable pole to use when we need to pole out a jib or genoa. I assume it would cost a few $K new but have no idea what the used market value might be. I'm not really expecting us to sell it here on EY.org but am looking for suggestions other than Minnies where we'd only get pennies on the dollar.

Thanks,

-Sven

Last edited:

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
wish you were closer

Hi Sven
I would buy it from you but the shipping would be difficult and expensive to Vancouver BC.

On another note - now that you have the new rudder what do you think of the change in the way your boat steers. I'm hoping it's made it easier to back up.

Shamwari
e-39

Sven

Seglare
Hi Sven
I would buy it from you but the shipping would be difficult and expensive to Vancouver BC.

I have no idea how expensive that might be but you are probably right. Maybe someone here knows how that is usually done.

On another note - now that you have the new rudder what do you think of the change in the way your boat steers. I'm hoping it's made it easier to back up.

It is definitely easier. I would not try backing into the slip but at least we back out with a lot less worries. If the wind grabs the bow while in reverse she'll still go where she wants to but it is a lot easier to recover. She also handles a lot better in following seas.

-Sven

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Sven

Shamwari
e-39

Perhaps you can find a friend in the trucking biz. For instance I know a club member at our little YC that drives back n forth to LA every week with a refer truck. I have no idea how a pole might be carried - maybe wrapped in plastic and roped to the top? Seems doubtful....
:confused:

Perhaps best to find a driver with a flat bed trailer already hauling mixed cargo and crates.

LB