'09 Rendezvous Reservations

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Attention on Deck / Now Hear This :
:)

Since we are down to the final weeks before this year's Ericson/Olson Rendezvous, it seemed apropriate to just start a new thread on this subject. June 12- 14, 2009. Port Townsend, Washington, at their Pt Hudson Marina.
:nerd:

I have a confirming letter from Rhonda, Customer Service Rep at the Port of Port Townsend.
http://www.portofpt.com/point_hudson.htm
This guarantees us ten slips, with non-refundable reservation fees prepaid, @$7. per slip.
We are required to send in some specific boat/owner info at least eight weeks prior to June 12, for these slips.
That deadline looks like April 11 or so on my calendar. Time to make your reservations.

More slips can be added, if still available, and she will attempt to make them contiguous.

(Updated 4-6-09) So far I have an email/letter reservation confirmation from:

Jeff Hart, E-38 "Swet Surrender" -- Slip 13
Shaun, E-38 "Sorcerer" -- Slip 16
Todd Smith E-38 "Slap Shoot II" -- Slip 17

Marc, E-38 "Wavewalker" -- Slip 20
John & Geri, E-32/2 "Jazz" -- Slip 21

Loren, O-34 "Fresh Air" -- Slip 23
Harold & Jessie, E-38 "Mischief Maker" -- Slip 24

Tom Plummer, E-35-2 "Jessie" -- Slip 26
Peter Peaquin, E-28 "Special K" -- Slip 27
Nic Daniel, E-27 "To Blaave" -- Slip 28

Chas & Judi, E-30+ "Eden" -- ______

If you have booked your slip # already, Please Do let me know which slip it is.

And if I have misplaced a name that should be on the above list, just gently correct me.
(Click on my name, at the left, and then choose the option of emailing to me.)

If anyone besides Sean is planning on attending without a boat, please let me know that, too. This may help predict the turnout for a pot luck, boat "open house" timing, and any other semi-sort of planned social stuff.

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

ps: still adding more names and slip # as they come to me. 4-6-09

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
...anyone besides Sean is planning on attending without a boat, please let me know that, too. This will help predict the turnout for a pot luck, boat "open house" timing, and any other semi-planned social stuff.

I'll be there... :nerd:

wurzner

Member III
Updated Reservation List as of 3/30/09

I just sign up for the Rendez Vous my 38-200 (Sorcerer) and a 1989 PSC 38-200 (Slap Shot II) in slips 16 and 17 respectively. I will now go and promote the event now that a date has been locked in. I did not use the slips you reserved since I would really like to fill those as well as a few more and hopefully get a turn out of ~20+ boats.

Updated List:

Loren Beach, O-34 "Fresh Air" -- Slip 23
Chas & Judi, E-30+ "Eden"
Tom Plummer, E-35-2 "Jessie"
Harold & Jessie, E-38 "Mischief Maker"
Shaun, E-38 "Sorcerer" Slip 16
Todd Smith E-38 "Slap Shoot II" Slip 17

Last edited by a moderator:

sailorjdh

Member I
Hope to be there also

Hi Loren,
I hope to be at the rendezvous also and have reserved slip 13 which is a 50 footer and at present maybe all they have left.
Jeff Hart
"Sweet Surrender", 1989, E38-200.

Tom Plummer

Member III
I just sign up for the Rendez Vous my 38-200 (Sorcerer) and a 1989 PSC 38-200 (Slap Shot II) in slips 16 and 17 respectively. I will now go and promote the event now that a date has been locked in. I did not use the slips you reserved since I would really like to fill those as well as a few more and hopefully get a turn out of ~20+ boats.

Updated List:

Loren Beach, O-34 "Fresh Air" -- Slip 23
Chas & Judi, E-30+ "Eden"
Tom Plummer, E-35-2 "Jessie" --Slip 26
Harold & Jessie, E-38 "Mischief Maker"
Shaun, E-38 "Sorcerer" Slip 16
Todd Smith E-38 "Slap Shoot II" Slip 17

I am in slip 26.

hodo

Member III
Hey Loren, Jessie and I will be in slip 24, so the trip to the chocolate , rum etc wont be too bad. We will be leaving Kingston probably on Monday prior.
Harold

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Keeping the master list accurate

Just to avoid confusion, I am now editing the additional boats and slip # into the First Message in this thread.
Thank you,
Loren

Last edited:

e38sailorman

Member II
Looks like 5 38's so far, this ought to be cool, maybe we could have a contest to see who has the nicest 38.......but who to judge??

Marc
E38 Wavewalker

hodo

Member III
Well....... does that mean I win? I will have chocolate,(well, Jessie will), And I hope to have Apple Pie...How much will it take? I need to get my order in. remember the E 38 has a limited amount of storage, due to some other neccesities such as Port, Rum, Scotch, a rather dark beer, Colvados, Wine, And chocolate, and of course one female, maybe two.
AAAAAAArghhhh. Harold

sailorjdh

Member I
Wont be able to come as planned

Hi
Turns out my daughter's graduation is on Saturday , June13, 9AM in Bellingham and as as result I will miss the gathering. Hoping that you have fair winds and sunny days.
Jeff Hart

chasandjudy

chas and judy
What's Left !! ??

Just to avoid confusion, I am now editing the additional boats and slip # into the First Message in this thread.
Thank you,
Loren

As of noon today there are only two slips left unless someone cancells. Hilda Harris an E 28' John and lynn reserved slip #31 Chas and Judi of Eden E30+ will be in #30' .We were in communication with Rhonda this morning April 17

Chas and Judi

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Cruise after Rendezvous !! ??

As of noon today there are only two slips left unless someone cancells. Hilda Harris an E 28' John and lynn reserved slip #31 Chas and Judi of Eden E30+ will be in #30' .We were in communication with Rhonda this morning April 17

Chas and Judi

Hilda Harris (E28+) and Eden (30+) wi9ll be aver night at the John Wayne
Marina in Squim and arrive about noon on June 11, and after a good gam (sailor talk for swapping info and sea stories) We are going to stay in Yankee
waters and visite Pulsbo and a few other exotic places before cruising back to Canada by way of Bedwell harbour, if any one else wishes to join us, hay !
WELLCOME!!

Chas and Judi + John and Lynn

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Current Reservation List

Fellow Vikings, Here is a message just in from Rhonda at the Pt Hudson Marina for the Rendezvous slip assignments:

" Here is the final list. Hart did cancel on 4/14/09. Other than that, the list is the same since our last email:
Wurzner in 18
Smith in 19
Jorgenson in 20
Frick in 21
Beach in 23
Baldwin in 24
Plummere in 26
Piaquin in 27
Daniels in 28
Pirquet in 30
Pash in 31

Hope all is going well!!! If there is anything else I can assist you with, please just call. Also, if you are in email contact with your group, can you emphasize that it’s a 1:00 or after checkin and a 48 hr. cancellation policy..
Thanks Loren!

Rhonda Beytebiere
Point Hudson Marina and RV Park"

e38sailorman

Member II
Party/Potluck?

Who's in charge of this shindig....plans for Friday or Saturday potluck and/or dock party? What is the official drink? Is there a theme? My other half is questioning me and I don't have any answers!

We are leaving Gig Harbor and heading for Shilshole Thursday afternoon and then on the PT Friday. See you all there!

Marc and Marilyn
E38 WaveWalker
Gig Harbor Wa

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks, Marc

Who's in charge of this shindig....plans for Friday or Saturday potluck and/or dock party? What is the official drink? Is there a theme? My other half is questioning me and I don't have any answers!
We are leaving Gig Harbor and heading for Shilshole Thursday afternoon and then on the PT Friday. See you all there!
Marc and Marilyn
E38 WaveWalker
Gig Harbor Wa
________
Marc, I fronted the money for the slip reservations because using my credit card from Portland was the easy part. And this week Sean is up to his ears in finals. We do need someone else more "local" to talk to Rhonda about the social details.

What we really need now is for someone to confirm the meeting room for a Saturday evening potluck at about 5 pm. Refreshments would be "byob." Plan to start dinner by about 6.
Somewhere in the early part, we need to have introductions. This will involve sea stories, I am sure.

It would be great if all and sundry will wear name tags -- something home made would be great.

How about some "Open Boat" hours on Saturday, like from 1 to 4 pm?
Getting little mini-tours of other folks' boats and talking about their projects and sailing stories is one of the best parts of a rendezvous for many owners.

Sunday in the late morning could be some sailing, with guests aboard any boat going out for a tour of the harbor. Or, do people want to do a "sail by" on Saturday mid day?

Since you brought up planning and a theme (and an official drink?) Keep your cell phone on...
you can be in charge! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Loren

Special K

Member II
Rendezvous 2009

I injured my back three weeks ago and my recovery continues to drag on. Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the Rendezvous. I will look forward to meeting you all in 2010.
Peter