• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Salon table progress

Sven

Seglare
We're making some progress with the new salon table. The old one (built by Lew) is beautifully finished to the original design specs but it doesn't seat 4 well and we need all the extra storage we can get so a new settee/bench seat will come in handy.

After all this work I hope it will finish up almost as well as the one it is replacing as we'll otherwise probably give up on it :esad:

-Sven

Attachments

• DSC_4383.jpg
    DSC_4383.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_4388.jpg
    DSC_4388.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_4600.jpg
    DSC_4600.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_4601.jpg
    DSC_4601.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 60

Sven

Seglare
It's installed

We brought the table down and installed it the last couple of days.

My workmanship can't match Lew's, but it is good enough to make us still proud of Senta's look and finish. Please ignore the protective towels all over the place :)

-Sven

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Installed 2.jpg
    Installed 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Beautiful Work Nancy & Sven! :egrin:

Been varnishing my 37 year old sliding hatch and companion way boards myself this weekend. Interlux Schooner gloss as always. Fumes still come out of every breath I exhale. :esad:

Also made some oak license plates for the dink, varnished as well.

Sven

Seglare
Thanks Jeff for the very kind words.

We definitely need a box fan to put in the forward hatch when varnishing down below. The satin finish interlux (I think) that we put on the cabin sole throughout didn't smell at all but it wasn't harmless breathing.

Almost have the removable folding companionway door done.

After that it is the backless settee.

Then the "pantry" where the current Norcold fridge is.

With the buyer wanting us out of the house before the end of June we're scrambling to get the major carpentry done while we have the garage and tools.

Off to Catalina on Thursday morning to get away for a bit and work while on a mooring.

-Sven