• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1981 e-29

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
I'm looking at a 1981 E-29. It has been on the hard for at least 4 years. Mast down and everything shrink wrapped. It was winterized when it was closed up. Looked in the archives and it seems that the information available is for earlier models. Can anyone direct me towards info on the 1981. I presently enjoy a well cared for 1973 E-27. Al Frakes, Port Kent, NY

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It would be interesting to see a picture of the boat and also to confirm the year from the HIN on the transom.
I was not aware that this model was built beyond '79.
(But then I've been wrong before...)
:rolleyes:
LB

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Maybe a 28?

Loren, Number 74503-230738. No pictures. Has a modified keel and rudder. Al

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Wrong

Loren, Ignore that gibberish. I'll get the correct number. Head is foggy from too many days on the road looking at far too many boats. al

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Loren, Ignore that gibberish. I'll get the correct number. Head is foggy from too many days on the road looking at far too many boats. al

My condolences! ;)
We spent a year looking at boats, in an ever-widening geographic circle before finding our next one, in '94.
It can be quite a challenge.
We originally started in Portland, and ended up in San Francisco a year later...

LB

Glyn Judson

Boat searching.

Loren, Similar story here. I laid eyes my first E31 in June of 1994 on a mooring in the Isthmus at Catalina Island and spent the next year looking all over the country for one of our own. June of 1995 saw our boat arrive on the back of a truck here in Marina del Rey, having come all the way from Port Royal, SC. Glyn

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Duh!

West to Ohio, south to North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland, east to Vermont and Maine. 9 boats in two weeks on a generic beer budget. :confused:
The vessel in question is a 28 not a 29. HIN ERY28501M81A. I was confused when I looked at her. Al Frakes

Keiffer

Member II
Our Journey to find our boat

Afrakes,

I searched the internet for about a year before narrowing my search to Ericsons after finding an E29 in excellent condition. While contemplating how much to offer for the boat someone bought it! I did look at another e29 in New York that turned out to be a good project boat. I ended up getting an E31 Independence.

Check out the link below for our final three stop trip to find out boat.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zuaYTthbpRo